DS 156 - 2 or 3 pages ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 156 - 2 or 3 pages ?

Please let me know if DS 156 is of 2 pages or 3 pages. Downloaded form in VFS site has only 2 pages, but I heard from few people that you can download the emplty DS 156 form and ithas 3 pages. The 3rd page from the downladed link (NON VFS SITE) should also be enclosed.

Appreciate your help.

Regards
    - Kiran

Whatever VFS provided is enough. I just printed DS-156 for both of my parents and its 2 pages each. When I went for a visa last year in India, I also had two page form. Its fine. Three page forms exist for other countries.

Comment

The DS-156 that I just filled out was a 3 page form, but page 3 is for Embassy use only and should not be filled out. I recommend highly that you go to the USCIS web site and down load the fillable form for free. If you print it out just for fun, write some stuff on it so you can see the bar codes for your self.

I sure there are different requirements for different countries and stuff, but I really recommend that you check out the USCIS web site. After all, it is their form.

The problem with that form, when completed on the Internet, is that it has a "bar-code" that changes with the information that is included onto the form. Page 1 and page 3 has that bar code on them, page two does not. If you filled out the form again, on another attempt, the bar-code will be different!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, the 3 pages are married to each other!

The bar code is actually scanned into a government immigration computer. No 2 bar codes from different forms are the same.

When you down load that form on the Internet from the USCIS web page, it does not ask what country or for what purpose the form is for. So, it must be one form for all places and stuff.

a lot of places only have or show the 2 first page, because the last page is not to be filled out, left blank.

Comment

I recently sent a 2-page form to my parents from VFS website and they got the visa without any problem. They went to Chennai consulate 2 weeks ago.

- Jaya.

Comment

Whatever the DS156 form that you would download from VFS site (after confirming appointment) should be fine.
          The form that is downloaded from VFS is of 2 pgs and bar code is on page#2
          HTH
          RK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X