Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port of entry in USA for attending conference

Hello all,

I have one question regarding port of entry into USA.
    My cousin is coming from india to attend a conference at University of Miami.
    He got the visitor visa stamped and the annotation on VISA says, first entry , attending conference in Miami, Univ of Miami. My question, Is it mandatory that he needs to book a ticket only to Miami from India, or he can book a ticket to any city in USA likke for e.g. DC, sanfransisco philadelphia etc etc.. What are the questions he can face by the immigration official if he lands in city other than Miami. Does he face any issue landing in DC. Does he need to show the proof that he going to Miami etc etc.
    Please help on this urgent issue.

Thanks

Should not be a problem. A few years ago I went to boston with a visa annotation for boston, but my port of entry was jfk and nobody asked me
    any questions about that.

If they do, he can always say he could not get a direct flight to miami,
    so he is going via DC. I think it would be very wise to show a booking for miami from DC; flight, amtrak, greyhound-anything will do. Because
    inspectors vary in their temperaments so it is better to be safe than sorry.

Originally posted by myth_buster
    Hello all,

I have one question regarding port of entry into USA.
    My cousin is coming from india to attend a conference at University of Miami.
    He got the visitor visa stamped and the annotation on VISA says, first entry , attending conference in Miami, Univ of Miami. My question, Is it mandatory that he needs to book a ticket only to Miami from India, or he can book a ticket to any city in USA likke for e.g. DC, sanfransisco philadelphia etc etc.. What are the questions he can face by the immigration official if he lands in city other than Miami. Does he face any issue landing in DC. Does he need to show the proof that he going to Miami etc etc.
    Please help on this urgent issue.

Thanks

Comment

Thank you Peace for your reply.
      He is flying along with his friend who is landing in sanfrancisco. Does westcoast be a problem if he has conference in east coast?

Comment

Guess it is safer to fly to the east coast.

Originally posted by myth_buster
        Thank you Peace for your reply.
        He is flying along with his friend who is landing in sanfrancisco. Does westcoast be a problem if he has conference in east coast?

Comment

It is safe to go where you visa says you're going. If the conference is in Miami, buy a tciket going to Miami, though your POE may be another city. Make sure you show the officer that you have means of travelling to wher the conference is.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X