Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit-Change surname in DS-156

Hi,

I filled up form DS-156, DS-157 online at website vfs-usa.co.in, while scheduling an appointment date. I later see that I made an unintentional typo in the last name, missed a letter 'A'. This is the column 6 in form DS-156 & is not editable online. The same is getting reflected in the interview letter. Can you please advise me on what options I have to edit & correct this.

Thanks for all the help
    Kris

You can not obviously change the 'non editable' fields. But, since it is just one letter typo, you can ask your parents to inform the visa officer about this so that she can correct the application form on her computer.

I don't think this is a big issue to worry about as I have seen a handful of people on this board who made simple typos and got through the appt successfully.

Good luck!!

- Jaya.

Comment

Thanks Jaya for the reply.

I sent them 2 copies of same DS-156 & appointment, one which they can white out & type/write the correct surname & other with the typing mistake.
      So I guess it would be good to tell the visa officer immediately when they are at the interview window, right?

Also, when they go to the chennai consulate, will any security officers check the passport & appointment letter too? The reason I ask is, will it be any security issue & would it be better to tell the security or directly to VO?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rkkd
        Thanks Jaya for the reply.

I sent them 2 copies of same DS-156 & appointment, one which they can white out & type/write the correct surname & other with the typing mistake.
        So I guess it would be good to tell the visa officer immediately when they are at the interview window, right?

Also, when they go to the chennai consulate, will any security officers check the passport & appointment letter too? The reason I ask is, will it be any security issue & would it be better to tell the security or directly to VO?

Thanks!
        It is okay to tell Security officer
        I think DS156 gets corrected in the first window after security check before going to VO for the interview (Chennai consulate)
        HTH
        RK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X