Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sponsor documents

Hi
    My parents are appearing for visa together. Is it OK if I send only 1 set of docs (financial proof, bank stmts, pay check, tax papers, my complete passport)? I will send both copies of affidavit and invitation letters.
    Can anyone suggest??

yes if they are appearing together only one copy of all docs are required but I-134 needs to be for both of them individually.. one for dad and one for mom

Comment

Thanks SuCo

Comment

One I-134 is enough.

Pls look at

Please remember that with suggested documentation, it is not necessary to submit duplicates. For instance, if a couple is going to visit a relative in the U.S., one copy of an AOS (Affidavit of Support) or salary details or a NOC (No objection Certificate) or property documents is sufficient. Each applicant does not need to submit a separate copy.

Comment

All the documents except I-134 and bank verification letter can be one.
          As I understand you have to get I-134 for both parents separately with their name and the bank verification also one shud be there separately.

Comment

The above US consulate website clearly mentions that single I-134 is enough for a couple visitng US.

Where did u get the info that each person needs a separate I-134?

Thanks.

Comment

One set of sponsor documents are enough. I sent only one set of everything and my parents got visa without any trouble at Chennai consulate recently.

This is how I look at it:
              1) Prepare one folder for each applicant with their respective forms.
              2) Prepare a separate folder with common forms for both mom and dad (ex: property documents, pictures etc).
              3) Prepare a separate folder with the sponsor documents.

They will interview the applicants together and will not ask 'where are YOUR set of sponsor documents?' The sponsor is in fact sponsoring BOTH the applicants TOGETHER. Hence he/she will send one set of documents as a proof of her financial status to convince the visa officer tha she can support her parents during their stay.

The visa officer must be convinced of the financial status and ONE letter from the bank in enough. What will the visa officer do with 2 copies of the same document - he will only read it once even if we provide 2 copies.

Comment

I was quoting what I read in link below.
                http://immihelp.comhttps://www.immih...onsordocs.html

However logically one seems enough, atleast the bank verification letter.
                I dont know about I-134.

Comment

Applicant folder consist with DS156, DS157, Interview letter and HDFC receipt, Correct? Am I missing something here?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X