Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding my parents tourist visa

Sir,

My parents are planning to go Chennai for visit visa next month.

1.We are 3 daughters to my parents ,I am the youngest and other two are married.all of us are in US.Will it be a reason to reject visa (as there are no children in India,so no valid ties) and my father is working and still he has one year of service?

2.my father name is "Siva Rao"(as per passport).But in the DS156 we mentioned it as SivaRao(with out space).Is that space will be a big issue?We are not able to edit this column any more.

3.My second sister's husband is sponsoring for the trip.second sister is not working.but myself and eldest sister is working.But we have less working experience in US.Thats why he is sponsoring.But I read in the discussion forms ,all the children whoever is in US should send documents which proves we are here in the US,and working ?Can you tell me specifically what are the documents we have to send??

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes, no children in India is a big issue.
    2. If they are granted the visa, they can mention this to the consular.
    3. Not necessarily required of all the children; mainly required from the sponsoring family only. But if you want, all 3 daughters can send
    copies of their passport with visas. And a birth certificate copy will be required from the sponsoring daughter to establish relationship with the
    parents.

Tips to improve chances since all children are in US;

1.Only mother should apply and travel first, leaving father in India as a tie to return to.

2.If mother can show good funds , she should show self-financing rather than
    one of you sponsoring.

Originally posted by suni
    Sir,

My parents are planning to go Chennai for visit visa next month.

1.We are 3 daughters to my parents ,I am the youngest and other two are married.all of us are in US.Will it be a reason to reject visa (as there are no children in India,so no valid ties) and my father is working and still he has one year of service?

2.my father name is "Siva Rao"(as per passport).But in the DS156 we mentioned it as SivaRao(with out space).Is that space will be a big issue?We are not able to edit this column any more.

3.My second sister's husband is sponsoring for the trip.second sister is not working.but myself and eldest sister is working.But we have less working experience in US.Thats why he is sponsoring.But I read in the discussion forms ,all the children whoever is in US should send documents which proves we are here in the US,and working ?Can you tell me specifically what are the documents we have to send??

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thankyou very much.But already we scheduled appointment for both at the same time,we can't send them individually.As father is still in service,it may help us.

Comment

sir,
        My sister donot have Birth certificate.Will it be ok if they show affidavit?My brother-in-law birth certificate also required?

Comment

bro-in-law certificate not required.
          Like I said, a birth certificate is to establish relationship with parents,
          since parents' names are on the birth certificate.
          It is not always asked for but sometimes they do. An affidavit will do.
          Originally posted by suni
          sir,
          My sister donot have Birth certificate.Will it be ok if they show affidavit?My brother-in-law birth certificate also required?

Comment

regarding birth certificate, i think you need to provide

- a certificate of non-availability, issued by the Corporation of <your city>
            - a notarized affidavit from the parents

regards
            guru

Comment

Since your father is still in service, that alone is a 'big' tie to home country. Prepare them very well for the interivew, ask them to prepare a letter listing all their ties with the home country and the reasons why they will return to India within a few months etc and hand over the letter to the visa officer at the time of interview. Ask for a shorter timeframe if possible (ex: 2-3 months).

You father's name can be corrected at the time of interview. Missing 'space' is not a huge deal as long all other details are right in the 156 and 157 forms.

Your BIL's birth certificate is not required. Your sisters birth certificate or an affidavit or your sister's passport which lists her parents' names will be required. The visa officer wants to make sure they are "really" the sponsorer's wife's parents.

The other two sisters need not send any documents. It doesn't hurt to send copies of your passports/visas, driving licenses and invitation letters just in case. No need of financial proofs or employment verifications or pay stubs or bank letters or anything. (We are two sisters living in USA and I sponsored for my parents trip recently. My sister did not send any documents and the visa officer did not ask for any. My parents got the visa)

Preparing them very thoroughly for the interview is the key. Good luck!!

Comment

What to mention in invitation letter

Hi,
                Thanks a lot for responses.

As my parents visa is sponsering by my second sister,in the invitation letter do we have to mention that my parents will visit other two daughter's families also or we have to mention only tourism and shouldn't mention about other daughter's families visit unless they ask there??

My father's sister stays with my parents!! Can we tell that as a tie to india,but unfortunately we don't have proof.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X