Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa question for visitors visa

Hello
    My parents are attending US consulate for visitors visa.
    I have been in US since June 2005. My parents are planning to visit me as well as our newly born son who is now 7 months old.
    So my question is will it be ok if my parents say that they are visiting to see me and their grand son, whom they have not seen so far. Will that adversely affect their chances
    Or should they just say that they are visting me and not mention anything about their grand son.
    Thanks in advance

Mention the grandson only if asked. Some officers suspect the parents
    are invited to be babysitters.

Originally posted by ram92
    Hello
    My parents are attending US consulate for visitors visa.
    I have been in US since June 2005. My parents are planning to visit me as well as our newly born son who is now 7 months old.
    So my question is will it be ok if my parents say that they are visiting to see me and their grand son, whom they have not seen so far. Will that adversely affect their chances
    Or should they just say that they are visting me and not mention anything about their grand son.
    Thanks in advance

Comment

I suggest to mention "tourism and to visit my daughter and her family" as the reason. Don't specifically mention grand son unless asked.

Comment

grandson

Originally posted by jaya_06
        I suggest to mention "tourism and to visit my daughter and her family" as the reason. Don't specifically mention grand son unless asked.
        in the details of sponser family members are also needed.There should not be any dofference in writting and anser giving orally.

Comment

I am not asking to lie, but I am saying not to volunteer the information unless asked. Though we fill the I-134 with all the family members, the consulate officers may or may not look into every document and into every detail.

I have a little girl and I mentioned about her in the I-134. But, in the DS-156 where they ask for the purpose of visit, we mentioned "to see our daughters and their families and to tour some places". I asked them to give the same answer when asked for the purpose of the visit orally. If the visa officer had asked 'do you have any grand children in USA?', my parents answer would have been 'yes. grand daughter of so and so age'.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X