Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa application form information not consistent with current information

Hi,

I live in US and am expecting my parents to be with me this year end. I filled their forms and booked their visa date 6 months ago. My parents are going to the consulate (Mumbai) for their visa next month. The issue is that I shifted to a new apartment last month and now the address in my parents DS 156 and DS 157 forms is the old one. I will be sending a utility bill as a proof of my current address. Since the address on both the papers don't match, will there be any issue with the discrepancy? Do I have to send any other paper or a letter to the consulate officer explaining him the situation?

Please reply ASAP.

Thanks.
    Jyothi

Jyothi,

The forms under VFS site (DS156 and DS157) are editable. You can go to the link 'Retrieve or Modify saved application' on VFS website and modify your address.

Comment

Thanks Jaya. I was told that in case I edit the forms, I'll have to re-book the interview date which I want to avoid. If that is not the case, then my problem is solved. Let me know.

I have another question: when I booked the interview date, I had selected English as the preferred language, but now I feel my mother would be more comfortable speaking in Telugu. By changing the language would the interview date have to be pushed back?

Thanks,
      Jyothi

Comment

If the fields are editable, then you can edit without cancelling the appt.
        About the language option, you dont have an option of changing the language once you got the visa appt. date. Also you mentioned your parents are going to Mumbai consulate, if u want to go for telugu interview , you need to go for chennai consulate by cancelling the existing appointment and take the appt again.

Comment

You can not change the language from English to Telugu for the existing appt. You will have to cancel the appt and take a new appt in Telugu. Also, there will not be a telugu translator in Mumbai consulate. If your dad can speak English well, then he can act as the translator for your mom. I have seen several posts in this board with parents going for an English appt when mom doesn't know english.

You can change all the 'editable' fields in the DS156/157 forms without having to cancel the existing appt. (I personally have edited some fields several times in my parents' forms)

Good luck!!

Comment

Thanks to both of you. I'll change the address in their forms.

My mom understands English pretty well but isn't fluent in speaking. I guess my dad can translate to the officer. I do not want to rebook the date.

Thank you very much for your prompt answers.
            Jyothi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X