Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clarify my doubt plz....

Hi,

My husband booked an appoinment for his uncle and aunty(his dad's sister), they have an appoinment on november in language english. The problem is that they dont have children.... His Uncle has worked for Indian Government & got retired. He is currently receiving pension for his services and also owns quite a lot of properties.

Do you see any issue with getting visa for them since they do not have children? They have no other interntion of staying back in US and the purpose of their trip is to just visit America...

Yes, it will be a major issue. The officer must see some compelling tie to
    India in the application to grant the visa. Usually it is a job/business or family. With his uncle, there is neither.

In this scenario, his aunt applying alone could have stood a better chance
    (leaving husband in India as a tie).

Let us see, he may get lucky with a lenient officer.

Originally posted by bhuvanavenkat
    Hi,

My husband booked an appoinment for his uncle and aunty(his dad's sister), they have an appoinment on november in language english. The problem is that they dont have children.... His Uncle has worked for Indian Government & got retired. He is currently receiving pension for his services and also owns quite a lot of properties.

Do you see any issue with getting visa for them since they do not have children? They have no other interntion of staying back in US and the purpose of their trip is to just visit America...

Comment

thank u verymuch

thank u for ur idea..i think it will be work

Originally posted by peace
      Yes, it will be a major issue. The officer must see some compelling tie to
      India in the application to grant the visa. Usually it is a job/business or family. With his uncle, there is neither.

In this scenario, his aunt applying alone could have stood a better chance
      (leaving husband in India as a tie).

Let us see, he may get lucky with a lenient officer.

Comment

Bhuvana,

Please also note that typically "a family" or "couple" will go for tours. You wouldn't go for a tour for 2 months to another country leaving your husband behind, right? Hence, applying together, saying the purpose of visit as 'tourism', asking only for a short time frame (ex: 1 to 2 months) is also not a bad idea for your aunt/uncle.

For example, if your parents are applying, if it has been more than a couple of years that your parents saw you, if your mom is missing you more than your dad (typical), then your mom alone can apply stating that she wants to visit her daughter as it has been 2+ yrs and also tour some places in USA and that her husband couldn't get enough leave and hence is not joining her.

So, applying "alone" works in some scenarios, but not in all.

In your husband's aunt/uncle scenario, applying together or applying alone have their own merits and demerits. Hence, based on all the responses and based on how many ties they have with their home country, please take a wise decision. Good luck!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X