how soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how soon

my boyfriend has a visitor visa and left the US two weeks ago after a 6 months stay in the US. Once back home he proposed. Now he wants to come back up this month. Can he travel immediately or will he be sent back? Or should I apply for a fiancee visa? can I apply for the fiancee visa and have him come back on the visitor visa anyway?

He MAY have problems at entry if he visits now since he stayed a long period of 6 months only 2 weeks ago.

I am assuming you are a US citizen (only USCs can file for a fiance visa).

If he visits after you file for his fiance
    (K1) visa, he May be stopped at entry (k1 means immigrant intent).
    And what is the point? He will have to return to India to get his fiance visa
    (fiance visa is only issued outside US, you cannot change from visitor to fiance in US) and then come to US again to get married.

I suggest you decide where you wish to get married and plan accordingly.

A fiance visa may take as long as an immigrant visa these days. And with
    a fiance visa you will have 90 days to get married in US.

So it may be a choice for you come to India and get married, then you can go back and file a petition for an immigrant visa for him in US. He can get his
    immigrant visa at the embassy.

Originally posted by chellia26
    my boyfriend has a visitor visa and left the US two weeks ago after a 6 months stay in the US. Once back home he proposed. Now he wants to come back up this month. Can he travel immediately or will he be sent back? Or should I apply for a fiancee visa? can I apply for the fiancee visa and have him come back on the visitor visa anyway?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X