Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the different ways to stay back here after giving the USMLE step2 CS Exam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the different ways to stay back here after giving the USMLE step2 CS Exam?

My cousin is coming to US to give USMLE step2 Clinical Skills exam. He got B1/B2 visa for 10 years with multiple entry.

What are the different ways to stay back here after giving the USMLE step2 Clinical Skills exam?

1. Join the kaplan course for step 3 and apply for change of status to student visa.
    2.Start volunteering in a research lab, get good references and look for a research job where you can get sponsored for an H-1b.
    3.Get married to a US citizen.

Originally posted by easytrak
    My cousin is coming to US to give USMLE step2 Clinical Skills exam. He got B1/B2 visa for 10 years with multiple entry.

What are the different ways to stay back here after giving the USMLE step2 Clinical Skills exam?

Comment

Thanks for answering my question.

Which jobs are considered as Research Jobs? Any Web Sites to find these jobs?

Comment

Research assistant is a common position that only requires a bachelor's degree. Usually it is a low down position for a doctor but it is a good place to start if you do not have any research experience and are looking for a work visa.
        The best strategy is to go visit the volunteering depts./webisites of the hospitals in your area and volunteer in a research lab for a few months. Once they know you
        they might even be willing to sponsor you for an H-1b for a position in the same lab.

Also, Yahoo hotjobs is one site where you can find jobs by typing 'research assistant' as a keyword.

Originally posted by easytrak
        Thanks for answering my question.

Which jobs are considered as Research Jobs? Any Web Sites to find these jobs?
        Last edited by peace; 10-08-2006, 10:01 PM.

Comment

thank you very mch for your advice.

Comment

to sponsor my doctor brother for B1 or not?

hi!

You seem to be really knowledgable.
            hi all!

Here is my question -

I am on h1b. My 485 is pending - 140, EAD etc approved. I own a house. couple of years ago I had sponsored my parents for visitors visa successfully - they have 10 yrs multiple entry visa.

My younger brother who is about to finish his MD/MS in India. He has taken step1. He is planning to come here for his CS exam.

Would you recommend that I sponsor him or he shows parents assets etc? He will stay with me. I will bear his expenses.

He is plans to apply for the visa before graduating (MD) so he can show the "strong" ties - that he would have to go back to finish his degree.

Please advice - thanks in advance!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X