No announcement yet.

Visitor Visa Rejection Volume reduced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Rejection Volume reduced?

Hi -

If this true then its really a good news for all of us. Last week around I was talking to one of my friend in India. He told me that US embassy has decided not to reject any tourist Visa since this brings a bad name to American Consulate? Do you guyz believe this? I rejected this at first place though. But incidently, I see very few Visa Rejected Message in this forum in last few days. This really puzzles me.

Again if this is true then this is a really good news. These VOs reject Tourist Visa for genuine tourist without any propers reasons.

i guess may be since its christmas and new yr season,they increased the appointment slots and also may granting visa,purely coz this is the season one gets max revenue out of tourism,and i bet holiday season most visitors do go out with their families as its vacation time for us also here in u.s

Comment

Kloodin,

Please comment on this as you know
      more about consulates in India.

thanks and regards

Comment

Who is Kloodin? This name sounds familiar to me in some fraud case.What is he doing here?

Comment

Untrue

Originally posted by ronypony
          Hi -

If this true then its really a good news for all of us. Last week around I was talking to one of my friend in India. He told me that US embassy has decided not to reject any tourist Visa since this brings a bad name to American Consulate? Do you guyz believe this? I rejected this at first place though. But incidently, I see very few Visa Rejected Message in this forum in last few days. This really puzzles me.

Again if this is true then this is a really good news. These VOs reject Tourist Visa for genuine tourist without any propers reasons.
          Ronypony:

The source of your information is incorrect and your final assumption is incorrect. All applicants are interviewed and based upon this oral interview in which they answer questions about their circumstances they will either receive or not receive a B-1/B-2 visa. This is fact. Nothing has changed.

What you should consider is that as the amount of appointments increase so will the total number of visas issued and the total number applications denied. (This may translate into more happy people in this forum.) It may also be the case that as appointment numbers increase the number of people with no hope of receiving a visa will try their luck and raise the rejection volume as you call it.

Your over simplification of the B-1/B-2 visa system and your sources of information are doing no one any good.

P

Comment

Stoppage of rejection of B1/B2 by consulate

Hi, I don't know who is spreading this type of rumours only to misguide the readers.I personally attended the interview at Mumbai consulate on 11/10/06 and there were lot of visa rejections on that day. I gathered this information from the persons who were at the VFS in the evening to collect their passport.

Comment

[QUOTE=san_647]Hi, I don't know who is spreading this type of rumours only to misguide the readers.I personally attended the interview at Mumbai consulate on 11/10/06 and there were lot of visa rejections on that day. I gathered this information from the persons who were at the VFS in the evening to collect their passport.[QUOTE]

if the visa is rejected they would be given passports and other docs at the appointment counter itself right,(at least in chennai consulate)! do they need to goto VFS office to collect passports
              please help

Comment

The persons whose visa are granted can avail the facility of collecting their passport in person from the VFS in the same evening of interview otherwise the passports are sent to their home address as mentioned in DS-156 by courier service, Blue Dart in the case of Mumbai VFS.

san_647

Comment

At chennai consulate, those who were rejected visas will be given back their passports right away. They need not go to VFS or wait for blue dart for their passports..

Comment

This is so NOT TRUE

My Parents visa got rejected 2nd time now since both sons are in the US. Apparently, the Visa officer told them that per US Law, if both sons are present in the US they can't issue a Visa. My parents were appalled to hear that. If that was the case, they could have put forth in their app so that US embassy doesn't have to steal Rs9K in app fees.

Anyway, please stop posting such irrelevant, inaccurate and misleading posts.

Comment

At Mumbai consulate also, the rejected persons(visa), are immediately handed over the passport alongwith the issuance fee draft. Only those granted with visa can take back their passport from the VFS in the evening, 5 PM to 6 PM in the case of Mumbai. Probably my statement at thread no. 9 has been misunderstood by Jaya. Sorry
                      Last edited by san_647; 10-20-2006, 11:00 AM.

Comment

At Mumbai consulate also, the rejected persons(visa), are immediately handed over the passport alongwith the issuance fee draft. Only those granted with visa can take back their passport from the VFS in the evening, 5 PM to 6 PM in the case of Mumbai.Probably my earlier statement at thread no. 9 has been misunderstood by Jaya.Sorry.

Comment

yeah it really confused me when you said “and there were lot of visa rejections on that day. I gathered this information from the persons who were at the VFS in the evening to collect their passport.” wondering how come people were gathered at vfs center to collect their passports even after rejection, so thought it different for mumbai consulate.

anyhow, thanks a lot to jaya_06 and to san_67 for clarification
                          thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X