Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visitor visa for my mother

Hi,
    Last may I had applied for visitor visa for my mother.. She is a widow.
    I am working for an IT company in India and I am in US for a 18 months assignment. Currently my mother is staying alone in India..She has lot of property on her name. And decent bank balance. However, her visa was rejected..Officer asked the following questions to her before rejecting visa:
    - Why is she going to US for which she answered To meet son and tourism..
    - Was she staying with this son before he went to US for which she answered yes.

I am not sure why was the visa rejected.. She will be appearing for visa interview again next month...Can anyone tell me why was the visa rejected and what how should I cover it up to make sure she gets visa this time

Thanks,
    Jay

Originally posted by Jayanth
    - Was she staying with this son before he went to US for which she answered yes.
    This is the only question/reason for rejection. If your mom was living with you earlier and if she is used to be with you all the time, there is a pretty good chance that she will "live" with you in USA permanently instead of "just touring USA" for a few months. The visa officer wants to make sure that your mom is applying for visa only for 'visiting son' but not for 'living with son'.

Next time she can answer that she has been living independently by herselves to improve the chances.

This advice is based on my MIL's experience at Chennai consulate - though our situations are different, I could provide this advice as I could relate the two cases.

The answer for Q.No.1 is good and your mom should continue to give the same reason. Ask her to not forget the word 'tourism'. It must be 'visiting son and tourism' not just 'visiting son'.

Good luck to your mom next time!!

Comment

My mom's also got rejected

My mom had it in Aug. and hers also got rejected from Mumbai consulate. When I checked the forum looks like being a widow is the biggest issue. She was given the reason that she is coming here to work. She has never worked in her life. She has not yet re-applied.

Jayanth, Good luck for your mom. I hope at least this time she gets.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X