Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help!

I have applied for my parents visitor visa B2 extension and did not hear back so far. Can someone provide following information if they experienced same issue.

1) What is approximate processing time for visitor visa B2 extension at california center?

2) In case we don't hear before expiration of current I-94 then what can be done?

1.Usually these extension applications take a long time(several weeks to couple of months), and many times the response comes after the I-94 expiry. Cannot tell you specifically about the CA center.

2.If you get a denial notice after the I-94 date expires, as happens in a lot of cases, you are required to leave US immediately. There is no specific definition of" immediately" here but it usually means, in a couple of days.

In this case, the expired I-94 that you deposit at the departure airport will record an overstay but you must keep a copy of your I-94,
    the extension denial notice , your boarding pass for the flight out of US.
    In case there is a dispute when your enter US the next time, you can show the officer all of the above to prove that you left right after you received the denial notice.
    Remember , CBP officer at entry has all the powers to allow or deny you admission, so if you have all the evidence to convince him if there is a dispute, you will have no problems.

Another option is ; if your extended stay is only casual, I'd suggest you
    leave before the I-94 expiry to avoid any such problems.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X