Worried about Visitor Visa duration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about Visitor Visa duration

As I said in my earlier posts that my parents are going to the Visa interview for my brothers graduation (they mentioned the reason is to attend his grad).
    Visa date: dec 11th
    His graduation: dec15th

Also they will mention that I am working on H-1 here. And that they could also visit me.

I am worried like, if the important priority is his graduation, which will be done in one day..........then will the Visa be granted only for 6 months.

The reason is my parents are going for the Visa, but are not sure whether they would be coming at that time or sometime in future. We want to have the flexibility.

How could we deal in such a situation? I mean what should they explain to the Visa officer in a supportive manner.
    RK your help would be really appreciated

Thanks!

I think they should not worry about the duration. Just accept what
    the officer gives to you and do not try to argue for a longer term visa.
    Usually they give one year or more to parents visiting US.

Originally posted by saimedha
    As I said in my earlier posts that my parents are going to the Visa interview for my brothers graduation (they mentioned the reason is to attend his grad).

Also they will mention that I am working on H-1 here. And that they could also visit me.

I am worried like, if the important priority is his graduation, which will be done in one day..........then will the Visa be granted only for 6 months.

The reason is my parents are going for the Visa, but are not sure whether they would be coming at that time or sometime in future. We want to have the flexibility.

How could we deal in such a situation? I mean what should they explain to the Visa officer in a supportive manner.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by saimedha

Thanks!
      As Peace said, visa can be granted up to 10 years.
      No additional document/enquiry can bring the difference to visa period... It all depends on visa officer. Now-a-days, per this forum, parents are getting 10 years multiple entry visas. So let's hope for the best.
      HTH
      RK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X