Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubt...

hi,
    i have got lot of useful info from this forum. I am a doctor and presently going throught the residency interviews in US.

I have a got a H1B from one of the place. I am willingly to take it at that place itself. I came to know that from this website one of the refusal for the H1B status is 214(b).

After this interview session, i am planning to work in the state of Qatar as the money is good there.

Mr peace in the forum as told me that it fine to work there and he is knowlege abt that.

My wife is also a doctor and once her visa was denied once. I just wanted to know that if i can apply for H 4 for her along with me applying for the H 1 B or should there be a time gap between my application and hers.

I also wanted to know if me working in Qatar wont be taken as a negative point in both our applications.

I thank you in advance for the inputs.

with regards
    Hari

I clarified in a previous reply to you that H-1b does
    NOT require one to establish that one will return to home country. WHich means 214(b) does not apply to H-1b.It seems you are not convinced by the previous reply .
    Read this US embassy page;

and read the last line on this para on that page;

What must you establish as an H Visa applicant?

Your prospective employer/trainer has filed, and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has approved, a petition (Form I-129) that requests H status for you, as demonstrated by presentation of the Form I-129 and Form I-797
    You will receive the prevailing wage and will not replace U.S. workers who are on strike, as demonstrated by presentation of a Labor Condition Application. Applicable to H-1 applicants only
    You have a residence abroad that you do not intend to abandon. Not applicable to H-1 applicants

So, working in Quatar will NOT have any affect whatsoever on your H-1b visa
    or your wife's H-4.

Your wife can apply for an H-4 together with you if everything in your application is complete.

Originally posted by hariprasad63
    hi,
    i have got lot of useful info from this forum. I am a doctor and presently going throught the residency interviews in US.

I have a got a H1B from one of the place. I am willingly to take it at that place itself. I came to know that from this website one of the refusal for the H1B status is 214(b).

After this interview session, i am planning to work in the state of Qatar as the money is good there.

Mr peace in the forum as told me that it fine to work there and he is knowlege abt that.

My wife is also a doctor and once her visa was denied once. I just wanted to know that if i can apply for H 4 for her along with me applying for the H 1 B or should there be a time gap between my application and hers.

I also wanted to know if me working in Qatar wont be taken as a negative point in both our applications.

I thank you in advance for the inputs.

with regards
    Hari

Comment

thank you peace

hi,

thank you sir for the clarification. it just that i was scared abt the accepting the job in qatar. first of all, its in middleeast...and second i though it will show me as postential immigrant...

Now i am clear in my mind that working there will not affect me and show me as potential immigrant...i am only scared abt the fact just because i will be working there for 6 months and place being in middleast and in the present world problems...i thought my visa application will face problems.

I am going to that place only for the money as my dad has retired and i have brother who is studying which i had to take care and pay his tutions fees. i though working there will be good for the family and then i have my wife studying for the usmle and her exam fees to take care. I know from after joining the residecncy from july next year then i can save and send it back home...so till that time i thought this Doha-Qatar place is a good options till at that time.

I have doubt if suppose they ask me what were u doing doha for only 6 months...is it ok if say that i went for the work and money only...

i am sorry if i had upset u by posting the same content twice.

thank you so much abt the advice.

with regards
      hari

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X