Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visas and H1-B

Hello:

My parents have a visa appointment in the 31st of Oct. Now, I have a job offer in hand with a different company,which means that I would have to resign my present company. Now, my parents have a letter from my present company about my continued employment.
    I need to give a two weeks notice to my present employer, and the 31st of Oct falls within these 2 weeks, so technically, I would still be with my present company when my parents go for their visa.

Now after they get their visa, they are planning to come only next April. At that time, will there be an issue since my H1 would have changed hands? It will be transferred to the new company.

Please let me know and thanks for all your help.

Originally posted by nmeena
    Hello:

My parents have a visa appointment in the 31st of Oct. Now, I have a job offer in hand with a different company,which means that I would have to resign my present company. Now, my parents have a letter from my present company about my continued employment.
    I need to give a two weeks notice to my present employer, and the 31st of Oct falls within these 2 weeks, so technically, I would still be with my present company when my parents go for their visa.

Now after they get their visa, they are planning to come only next April. At that time, will there be an issue since my H1 would have changed hands? It will be transferred to the new company.

Please let me know and thanks for all your help.
    Are you worried reg, you will be in with another company at the time of interview or at the time of their arrival or both?
    If you are worried reg interview….send offer letter, employment letter and H1 transfer copies etc to your parents for the interview.
    Otherwise, you can send those letters to your parents if you can after interview. (not required but as extra step)
    HTH
    RK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X