Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents got 10 yrs visa even though DOB was wrong in D-156

Hi All,

I had put in an incorrect date of birth for my father in D-156 which i could not edit later on. My parents had their date on 18th Oct and i did not wish to cancel the appointment.
    As advised, I filled in another D-156 (downloaded from a site) with the corrected date of birth and sent it along with the original D-156.
    This is what happend at the consulate:

My dad during the interview pointed out to the consulate officer that there was a mistake. The officer looked at both the D-156s and removed the duplicate one out of the file and asked my dad to correct it in the original D-156 it self in front of her. The lady then corrected it in the system. She was extremely accomodating this matter.

There were some other typical questions : How many children do you have, where are they, why are you going, who is sponsoring ..etc
    After the responses she granted them 10 year visa.

I thought i will just post our experience for the sake of all the people who would have made similar mistakes. Again, this is not a proof of any kind that visa would be granted to everybody in a similar situation, it is just that there are cases when these mistakes dont matter as long as you point it out to the consulate officer.

Hope this helps

Originally posted by Svh
    Hi All,

I had put in an incorrect date of birth for my father in D-156 which i could not edit later on. My parents had their date on 18th Oct and i did not wish to cancel the appointment.
    As advised, I filled in another D-156 (downloaded from a site) with the corrected date of birth and sent it along with the original D-156.
    This is what happend at the consulate:

My dad during the interview pointed out to the consulate officer that there was a mistake. The officer looked at both the D-156s and removed the duplicate one out of the file and asked my dad to correct it in the original D-156 it self in front of her. The lady then corrected it in the system. She was extremely accomodating this matter.

There were some other typical questions : How many children do you have, where are they, why are you going, who is sponsoring ..etc
    After the responses she granted them 10 year visa.

I thought i will just post our experience for the sake of all the people who would have made similar mistakes. Again, this is not a proof of any kind that visa would be granted to everybody in a similar situation, it is just that there are cases when these mistakes dont matter as long as you point it out to the consulate officer.

Hope this helps
    Good that you shared your experience with all members.
    This is the same thing that communicated to forum members regarding typo corrections if it cannot be done online.
    ->Highlight the changes
    ->Carry both forms
    ->And let the officer know, on interview day.
    Thanks
    Ram

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X