question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

My folks are appearing for B2 (tourist) visa interview at the end of this month. We are sponsoring the trip although they are also very well capable of sponsoring the trip themselves.

What is the good reason to state - if the visa office asks them: "Why are you not sponsoring your own trip?"

Would it be an issue since they have NOT traveled abroad anywhere else too?

Also - since they are planning to come during winter (Nov, Dec.), what tourist places can we visit in winter months?

Originally posted by m_and_m
    My folks are appearing for B2 (tourist) visa interview at the end of this month. We are sponsoring the trip although they are also very well capable of sponsoring the trip themselves.

What is the good reason to state - if the visa office asks them: "Why are you not sponsoring your own trip?"

Generally VOs will ask “who is sponsoring visa”. They may ask “why you are sponsored by so and so…”, if the sponsor is other than self, Daughter/son

Would it be an issue since they have NOT traveled abroad anywhere else too?
    no, not an issue
    Also - since they are planning to come during winter (Nov, Dec.), what tourist places can we visit in winter months?
    Ref http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21248 for details
    HTH
    RK

Comment

Thanks for the link

Thanks for the reply and link.

But, I am still wondering how much sense it would make to show winter itinerary that includes NY, Niagara, Grand Canyon, etc. for parents from India (especially coming for the first time). Has anybody encountered a similar situation?

Comment

Originally posted by m_and_m
        Thanks for the reply and link.

But, I am still wondering how much sense it would make to show winter itinerary that includes NY, Niagara, Grand Canyon, etc. for parents from India (especially coming for the first time). Has anybody encountered a similar situation?
        you can exlcude niagara...Grand Canyon is still okay
        thx
        RK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X