Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to convert from visitor visa to H1-B

Hi
    This site has been of tremendous help. thanks for the help u are offering.
    Coming to the point.
    I am currenlty in USA on a visitor visa my visa expired on 30th september 2006. i entered USA on 19th september2006 and i got I-94 for 6 months thats until march 20th 2007.
    Im planning file for H1 in 2007 , the problem is my stay in legal uptil march 20th, and i guess H1 is filed in april. I can not come back to india and go back on visitor visa as it expired. So what best can i do to convert to H1 , since its a matter of few days between my last day and the day of filing for H1( sometime in April) can i over stay?
    please guide me in this matter.
    thanks

Originally posted by inusa
    Hi
    This site has been of tremendous help. thanks for the help u are offering.
    Coming to the point.
    I am currenlty in USA on a visitor visa my visa expired on 30th september 2006. i entered USA on 19th september2006 and i got I-94 for 6 months thats until march 20th 2007.
    Im planning file for H1 in 2007 , the problem is my stay in legal uptil march 20th, and i guess H1 is filed in april. I can not come back to india and go back on visitor visa as it expired. So what best can i do to convert to H1 , since its a matter of few days between my last day and the day of filing for H1( sometime in April) can i over stay?
    please guide me in this matter.
    thanks

You should never overstay in the US for even a day. If you did overstay in the US for more than 180 days you will be barred to enter the US for 3 yrs and overstay for more than a year will bar you to enter the US for 10 years.

The H-1B filing process will start on April 1st 2007.

And you would require some status in the US to start the employment which will be on Oct 1st 2007.

I suggest you to consult a lawyer for yourself.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X