Help Needed to prove family ties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed to prove family ties

Hi - My parents are going for visa at chennai consulate. I am the only daughter and live in USA for past 6 years. This is their first trip abroad. They have a house (~24 Lakhs) and fixed deposits (~ 6Lakhs). Will these ties be enough or should we emphasize on anything else? Appreciate if anyone on this forum who is the only kid has had any similar situation?

Also, I am the sponsorer, is it needed to send my husband's employment verification letter and passport copy etc.? Please help

It becomes hard with no family ties in India but it is not impossible. A lot depends on luck. If they are lucky they may get a lenient officer.

Actually , the applicant does not get much chance to EMPHASIZE at the
    real interview. Mainly the officers look for family and occupational ties. Property and deposits have secondary value. If your dad
    has a stable job with good income, it will go in their favour.
    If they are retired, it will be harder.

Other tips to improve chances;
    1. Do not sponsor. You can simply send an invitation letter. Since they have 6 lacs , they can show self financing the trip asking for a stay of 2-3 months.
    People who spend their own money have better chances.
    2. Your mother could apply alone leaving your dad behind in India as a family tie. I guess it is too late for that now.

Originally posted by visa_help_2345
    Hi - My parents are going for visa at chennai consulate. I am the only daughter and live in USA for past 6 years. This is their first trip abroad. They have a house (~24 Lakhs) and fixed deposits (~ 6Lakhs). Will these ties be enough or should we emphasize on anything else? Appreciate if anyone on this forum who is the only kid has had any similar situation?

Also, I am the sponsorer, is it needed to send my husband's employment verification letter and passport copy etc.? Please help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X