No announcement yet.

Overstay in USA B1/B2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what if apply for B2 extension and the parents want to leave before we get approval/denial letter ? Do we need to send the I-94 (if approved) to somewhere ??

please clarify someone...

thanks

Comment

If extension is denied, there is no new I-94.

If extension is approved, send it to the address mentioned at https://www.immihelp.com/form-i-94/
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

overstay in usa b1/b2

Peace,

Please let me know when the section 222(g) has come into force.

Please reply. Many Thanks.

Comment

I do not know which year the law came into force but I am sure it has been there for a long time.

Originally posted by venki
          Peace,

Please let me know when the section 222(g) has come into force.

Please reply. Many Thanks.
          Last edited by peace; 11-11-2006, 09:26 AM.

Comment

This law has always been there.
            Immihelp Support
            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Overstay on B1/B2

Hey guys,

I just wanted to reply on one of these threads as i recently had my B1/B2 visa cancelled as i overstayed by MISTAKE and this website was a huge help, just wanted to repay the favour.

So long story short i am a medical studend doing clinicals in the USA, i got a B1/B2 visa which said 10 year duration multi entry. I went to america did my rotations, however i hadn't noticed the immigration official gave me only 6 months when i entered through the port of entry. i thought the visa was for 10 years!! my stupidity really just plain ignorance.

Any who i left a month after my due date, went to canada to visit family and then 2 days later planned to return to the US as i was still doing clinical rotations. The border guard at toronto pearson told me i overstayed by 40 days cancelled my visa told me to reapply for a visa and sent me home. So after a fair bit of depression i went and applied for another visa at the consulate in ottawa and was approved, but this time he only gave me a yar long B1/B2 visa.

I then went through the land border at niagra with my new visa and all my medical school documentation. At the border they called me for secondary screening, the border guard told me i had overstayed asked me why. I told him it was purely ignorance i had no intention to break any laws i just thought i was allowed in for 10 years! the border guard was really nice and understanding. He gave a entry stamp told me to be more careful next time.

He also said from now on whenever i want to come back to the USA to apply for a visa and that i will need to do secondary questioning every time from now on in. As he was stamping my stuff i asked him if this was a huge mark on my online records he said it's no big deal just an honest mistake, told me that if i kept to my scheduled dates according to the passport i could rehabilitate my image with my future travel to the states.

I mean obvioulsy stick to the dates they give you, but if you overstay get out asap the less the overstay the better i would say. I am still worried about my previous overstay don't know what will happen to my future visa applications how this will look but thats my story.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X