Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got 214(b) urgent issue

Seniors,

I am in need of help immediately. My mother in law apeared for her visiting visa and got 214(b) stating the following reason. Please advice me how to proceed further. I want to know what are the documents that she should produce, and is it possible to re-appear immediately.

You do not qualify for a non-immigrant visa under Section 214(b). This portion of the law states that "Every alien shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application of the visa.. that he is entitled to non immigrant status..."

My wife's due date is very near, and no one around to help me. Please suggest me how to proceed further. is it possible to reappear immediately.
    What is the procedure? Do I have to repay the HDFC fees, and book it again.

Please help.,
    thanks,
    abin.

The reason for applying for a tourist visa should be nothing else but tourism. If possible reapply and state a different reason.

Comment

abin

I suggest there is no point reapplying so soon, as she will get another
      denial if nothing much has changed in her circumstances.

You should ask your MIL to write down on a piece of paper all the questions she was asked and what she answered. Then we can analyse, what went wrong.

Originally posted by abin
      Seniors,

I am in need of help immediately. My mother in law apeared for her visiting visa and got 214(b) stating the following reason. Please advice me how to proceed further. I want to know what are the documents that she should produce, and is it possible to re-appear immediately.

You do not qualify for a non-immigrant visa under Section 214(b). This portion of the law states that "Every alien shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application of the visa.. that he is entitled to non immigrant status..."

My wife's due date is very near, and no one around to help me. Please suggest me how to proceed further. is it possible to reappear immediately.
      What is the procedure? Do I have to repay the HDFC fees, and book it again.

Please help.,
      thanks,
      abin.

Comment

My mom got visa rejected first time with the reason..............."You do not qualify for a non-immigrant visa under Section 214(b). This portion of the law states that "Every alien shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application of the visa.. that he is entitled to non immigrant status..."

I am a Green Card holder for 1 1/2 half years.
        What is this reason means............?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X