Visa got approved for my in-laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa got approved for my in-laws

My in-laws got their visa approved on 11/3 @ Chennai Consulate.
    Things went on pretty straight on the interview day, appointment was at 10.15am and in-laws were at the site at about 9.15, got thro' the gate at 9.30 and got the visa approved at 10.45...pretty fast I think.

The interview was in english, though they were only say 25% fluent, however they were able to answer all the questions asked.
    Here are the list of questions,
    - for what reason you want to go to US?
    - how many kids do you have?
    - is your son married?
    - what you do here for your living?

They didn't ask for any documents, though my in-laws had e'thing intact.

I couldn't even imagine the success without this site, I got all my doubts cleared with the information and feedback from the folks in forum, a special thanks to everyone who helped me with their experience and feedback.

Here is my inputs to those who are getting ready for the interview..

- per this site checklist, get the required visitor and sponsor documents, it's kind of lot of docs, but having e'thing in place gives you kind of confidence to meet the visa officer.

- in my case, they didn't look at any of my documents other than the appoinment letter and 156, but we really put some efforts to get e'thing in order and accurately, which we started just 45 days prior to the interview date.

-the other key thing is preparing the people with the interview questions, this helped my in-laws a lot, just prepare them with the routine questions like the one asked I listed above, however this varies from case to case.

The bottom line is the visa officer should be able to get a confidence out of you with your intial set of answers.

So get all your documents in place & prepare for the basic questions & you should be able to get thro' with no hassles.

congratulations!
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

hi

Could you plz tell me in which order you presented the documents to the visa officer.
      my parents have their interview in 11/7 and i have sent two separate set of documents ina folder from staples that has 2 sides.

I would appreciate if you can let me know how your in laws gave the documents to the VO.

Thanks

Mehsam

Comment

There is no particular order. Just give whatever he/she asks.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X