protocol for presenting documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• protocol for presenting documents

My friend's visa application was rejected even thou she had all the documents and plenty of supporting evidence along with her. After the fact her and I were discussing how the interview appointment went. She said she was asked to present DS-156, DS-157, and proof of her employment, which she did. Even thou she had a cover letter and sponsorship documents, she was not asked to show them and so didn't. Her application received a Section 214(b) refusal. I told her she should have presented the cover and invitation letters together with the other documents requested at first, even thou they were not specifically mentioned. But she said she was nervous about offending the consular official, so she didn't show them.

Was my suggestion correct, that she should have just gone ahead and showed the letters? Or was she correct to be so "polite" and reserved? Overall, what is the protocol for presenting documents to the interviewer?

Read
    https://www.immihelp.com/us-visitor-...terview-guide/
    https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visa-re...lication-tips/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I already looked over those webpages, however I could not find the answers being sought. We would like to know if it's appropriate to present the cover and invitation letters at the start of the interview, even though not specifically asked for those documents. For the cover letter especially, it seems crucial it be presented at the start, since it clearly explains specific reasons she will return home after the trip. I helped her prepare that document in good English; my friend does not herself speak English well. And it seems to me the interviewer would not even know she has a cover or invitation letter, and thus to ask for either of them, since they are not required documents.

Comment

You can present the cover letter initially.
        Immihelp Support

Comment

Does any one here have a cover letter format. What shd this contain?

Comment

Here it is: https://www.immihelp.com/sample-cove...a-application/

But don't copy verbatim. Make your own letter based on this otherwise it will not be accepted.
            Immihelp Support

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X