Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsoring Sister-in-law & her family

Hi,
    I am in the US on a L1 visa, and my sister-in-law (wife's sister), her husband and her 2 kids want to visit us next summer. I have a few questions regarding the entire process

1. What is the probability that they will get the visa? They have been to other countries (Canada, UK, Italy, Switzerland), and have never overstayed. They usually visit a foreign country once a year on vacation. They have their own business in Chandigarh. Since we are in the US, they decided to visit US this year.

2. They will be taking care of their own travel arrangements - air tickets etc. But will be staying with us for the duration of the trip (approx 1 month). Do I need to submit I-134 for them? If so, do I have to submit 4 I-134's? How do I fill out I-134 for the minors? Can I be the sponsor instead of my wife, as her income is very low?

3. Is there anything they should be careful about during the visa interview? Do they need to carry photos of our family, etc?

Any help in ths regard would be most useful. I am sure some of you must have sponsored SILs before.

Regards
    Manish

1. SInce they are frequent visitors abroad, chances should be good.
    2. No need for any I-134. I-134 is to be sent only when the applicant cannot afford the trip himself. Your wife should sImply send an invitation letter to her sis, preferably addressed to the consular officer, US embassy,
    describing her visa/job status in US and mentioning the invitation for her sis
    and family (all names) for -----period and requesting the grant of a visa. She should send copies of her passport and visa to her sis. If both sisters have birth cert. with their parents' names on them she should take copies of them proving that they are sisters.
    If not,your sis should carry both their school leaving cert showing their
    dad's names on them.Photos will be fine too.

3. The most important thing is to show occupational ties to India since their
    won't be any family ties (because the whole family is applying).
    Let her bro-in-law carry all evidence of his business and good income.
    (registration, balance sheet, ITRs, asset statements , evidence of all deposits, bonds,policies, shares , properties, etc.)
    He should also be able to show who will take care of his business during his absence. Also carry children's school enrolment evidence and summer vacation. SInce he has been to other countries, there should not be any
    problems applying.

Originally posted by manumani
    Hi,
    I am in the US on a L1 visa, and my sister-in-law (wife's sister), her husband and her 2 kids want to visit us next summer. I have a few questions regarding the entire process

1. What is the probability that they will get the visa? They have been to other countries (Canada, UK, Italy, Switzerland), and have never overstayed. They usually visit a foreign country once a year on vacation. They have their own business in Chandigarh. Since we are in the US, they decided to visit US this year.

2. They will be taking care of their own travel arrangements - air tickets etc. But will be staying with us for the duration of the trip (approx 1 month). Do I need to submit I-134 for them? If so, do I have to submit 4 I-134's? How do I fill out I-134 for the minors? Can I be the sponsor instead of my wife, as her income is very low?

3. Is there anything they should be careful about during the visa interview? Do they need to carry photos of our family, etc?

Any help in ths regard would be most useful. I am sure some of you must have sponsored SILs before.

Regards
    Manish

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply, Peace.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X