urgent advice needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent advice needed please

my dad and mom have got their B2 visa to come to the US and they are going to travel next week via lufthansa....but due to an error their tickets booked long ago....showed my dad's name wrongly printed on the ticket when we bought today....part of first name became surname and surname attached to first name.....now the airline says nothing can be done about the ticket but they can issue a letter with the correct name and passport details....flying will be ok but they can't garantee that immigration will create problems or not...............could someone please tell me if this is going to be a problem during immigration at the port of entry......and what else can we do now...your replies will be gratefully appreciated...thanks
    priya

Not everyone is asked to show tickets at immigration. If they are asked to show, the letter issued by the airline should work fine. But there is this issue of advance information as well, that the airlines are required to provide to US immigration about
    passengers traveling to US for terrorists name check. Someone in the airline will have to make sure they send the correct names and not the ones with errors that may get stuck in the US govt. check.

I'd suggest if you can find a booking with the same or another airline on another day, go ahead and cancel the first one
    it will cost a few thousand rupees but you will avoid any potential problems which may or may not occur.

Originally posted by priyamoses
    my dad and mom have got their B2 visa to come to the US and they are going to travel next week via lufthansa....but due to an error their tickets booked long ago....showed my dad's name wrongly printed on the ticket when we bought today....part of first name became surname and surname attached to first name.....now the airline says nothing can be done about the ticket but they can issue a letter with the correct name and passport details....flying will be ok but they can't garantee that immigration will create problems or not...............could someone please tell me if this is going to be a problem during immigration at the port of entry......and what else can we do now...your replies will be gratefully appreciated...thanks
    priya
    Last edited by peace; 11-22-2006, 03:02 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X