my mom's visa rejected thrice...pls advise when to take next appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my mom's visa rejected thrice...pls advise when to take next appointment

my mother [widow] had been rejected 3 times before for tourist Visa.First appointment I took was on september 20th and the language I mentioned was English.My mother doesnt know English but somehow managed to ask VO for translator.She got a Hindi Translator which didnt help coz our mother tongue is Telugu.Questions asked on First Interview are
    1) How many children you have?
    2) When did your husband expired?
    3)why are you going to US?

I am eldest and I have 2 siblings brother and sister studying engineering.My father expired recently on 2005 with heartattack. My mom replied for 3rd question as tourism.

Second Appointment I took on september 28th with mother tongue telugu..when I browsed the consulate site, luckily I found there were available appointments on sept 28th on telugu hence took on that day.

Questions asked on Second Interview were

same as above plus one additional question

1) why did u come so early and how come you got second appointment so soon?

my mom replied as my daughter took second appointment by browsing the site and finding one available appointment in Telugu language.

Both times she was given rejection under the section 214(b).

We bought house recently In US and invited mom for housewarming party and took third appointment on December 4th.

Questions asked were similar and my mom said VO didnt check the documents and asked her why she was planning to go to US.

my mom gave the reason of Housewarming party which he was not satisfied and told her do not try to come until there is a change(I did not understand what change he is refering to) and he also asked my mom that you must have strong reason behind applying visa that many times what is it? which I thought as a stupid question even after my mom mentioned the reason.

Please share with me if you have any ideas.

Hi,

Its sad to knew. For every visit they will maintain the record and it stores in their system. If you have too many remarks then its a problem and chances will reduce further. Don't apply for with a simple reasons.
    Its always and neutral to say just for tourism and family assosiation etc.
    Mostly if the visa rejected twice a year then 90% third time will reject untill unless you show a strong reason why they will come back. Apart from your brother's education, show other ties for example your mother work any charitable/social works for society etc etc and its always good to show good property assets.
    My personal suggestion please don't apply atleast for another 6 months.

Rgds,
    Vtam.

Comment

No offence intended, it is really surprising why educated , sensible people make the mistake of blindly reapplying 3-4
      times so fast without trying to analyse
      the reason for the denial.

There is never any point in reapplying quickly unless there is a major change in some aspect of your application. US embassy website clearly states that and that is the reason the officer was irritated at your mom reapplying so quickly without much change in the facts.

The statement made by the officer, which you call stupid, actually did make a lot of sense. Reapplying so many times so quickly shows desperation, whereas the reason given by your mom is housewarming ceremony which is not a reason to go desperately.

Are your siblings in India or in US? What is your visa status in US?

Advice; Widows usually find it harder to get visas, especially recent widows. She should wait at least a year before reapplying. During the year, let her develop some ties to India like a small business, or some self employment. Register that with the govt. Maintain a healthy savings account. Let her show that she is financing her own trip. You only send an invitation letter and no affidavit of support. The simple reason that your mother should give is "to spend some time with my daughter in US". Tourism is not the primary reason to go and is the wrong answer.

Originally posted by lilly4p
      my mother [widow] had been rejected 3 times before for tourist Visa.First appointment I took was on september 20th and the language I mentioned was English.My mother doesnt know English but somehow managed to ask VO for translator.She got a Hindi Translator which didnt help coz our mother tongue is Telugu.Questions asked on First Interview are
      1) How many children you have?
      2) When did your husband expired?
      3)why are you going to US?

I am eldest and I have 2 siblings brother and sister studying engineering.My father expired recently on 2005 with heartattack. My mom replied for 3rd question as tourism.

Second Appointment I took on september 28th with mother tongue telugu..when I browsed the consulate site, luckily I found there were available appointments on sept 28th on telugu hence took on that day.

Questions asked on Second Interview were

same as above plus one additional question

1) why did u come so early and how come you got second appointment so soon?

my mom replied as my daughter took second appointment by browsing the site and finding one available appointment in Telugu language.

Both times she was given rejection under the section 214(b).

We bought house recently In US and invited mom for housewarming party and took third appointment on December 4th.

Questions asked were similar and my mom said VO didnt check the documents and asked her why she was planning to go to US.

my mom gave the reason of Housewarming party which he was not satisfied and told her do not try to come until there is a change(I did not understand what change he is refering to) and he also asked my mom that you must have strong reason behind applying visa that many times what is it? which I thought as a stupid question even after my mom mentioned the reason.

Please share with me if you have any ideas.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you guys for helping me out with the advice.
        I forgot to mention in my thread that my mom is a beautician and we showed many property assets in documents which were ignored by VO.I am not offending VO but atleast he should have gone through the documents.
        My siblings are in India and they are studying Engineering final year.
        I am a green card holder.

Comment

Proof of remarriage could also improve her chances of Visa. Just a thought though as I myself am new on this forum.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X