Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Visa.. need some advice

Hello everybody,

BACKGROUND: My parents are planning on visiting dehli consulate in late december'06. This is their second time. First time they tried in April05 and the visa was rejected on the grounds that their son is in US and daughter is in Australia. I guess officer didn't see the reason for them to come back. Now, we are trying our luck again.

Question: I have a third sister, which was adopted by my aunt legally couple of years ago. I was wondering if my parents can mention her as their third daughter considering birthwise she is their daughter only legally she has been adopted by my aunt. Also last time they didn't mention this to the officer. (don't know if they didn't mention or they didn't get a chance to mention her). My parents can produce pictures and strong ties with her and rest of the family easily.

I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

MJ

I do not think that will carry any weight, because she does not live with them anymore.
    Only those children who live with the parent and for who the parent would be compelled to return would act as a tie and carry weight in visa issuance.

It is better not to mention her if they did not mention her earlier; the officer may become suspicious.It very important to maintain consistent info
    on subsequent inteviews.

In you situtation, I strongly advise your father should stay back and only
    mom should apply and travel. Father would act as a tie. He can apply later sometime after your mom returns. No children in India
    is a big negative factor and there is a high chance of another denial
    if both apply.
    Another strategy you can adopt is not to send any affidavit of support for your mom.
    Let her show that she is spending her own money. That will increase the chances.

Originally posted by manugee
    Hello everybody,

BACKGROUND: My parents are planning on visiting dehli consulate in late december'06. This is their second time. First time they tried in April05 and the visa was rejected on the grounds that their son is in US and daughter is in Australia. I guess officer didn't see the reason for them to come back. Now, we are trying our luck again.

Question: I have a third sister, which was adopted by my aunt legally couple of years ago. I was wondering if my parents can mention her as their third daughter considering birthwise she is their daughter only legally she has been adopted by my aunt. Also last time they didn't mention this to the officer. (don't know if they didn't mention or they didn't get a chance to mention her). My parents can produce pictures and strong ties with her and rest of the family easily.

I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

MJ

Comment

Re: PArents visa..need some advice

Thanks Peace,

This helps.. and I understand your point. My earlier strategy was to send both my parents to consulate and just try to mentions strong ties and other relationship. If the visa is granted, everything is OK. Else, they will try australian visa, make a trip there and come back and then try again. This way, it will become easier to show that they will return back.

I think, we need to revise the whole strategy. Also, we are expecting a baby early next year..is it worth mentioning at the consulate..

MJ
      Last edited by manugee; 12-07-2006, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Should have applied for the US visa after the Aust. trip. Having made a trip abroad increases the chances for a US visa.
        Avoid mentioning about pregnancy. They do not issue visas for pregnancy care.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X