Parents Visa rejected at Chennai - Suggestion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Visa rejected at Chennai - Suggestion please

My parents appeared for visitor visa stamping on Dec 6th at Chennai Consulate in Telugu.

We kept the travel date as Feb 1st week of 2007 in DS156. The VO asked my parents 'Why travelling only in Feb2006?' My father answered as I said "My daugther is arranging for leave at this time". In response VO asked 'For how many days?' My father said for about 10 days and will show us places over week-ends. She again inturn stressed on this Q and asked what places will you visit at this time? Since we havenot explicitly told different places to visit for this answer, they have told Chicago, Niagara etc. She was not convinced with this answer and the visa was rejected.
    We were not sure exactly whether the visa was rejected since they were not convinced with my leave initially or coz they told these places names which will be cold during winter.

Otherwise all other questions about my father job (Govt Employed) & family initially went on very well.

We are planning to reapply for them (English) in January again giving one month gap. Will one month gap b/wn first and second interview suffice or should there be more gap ???
    This time we are planning to keep April 2007 as the travel date in DS156 so as to avoid these type of questions. But as I see in this forum, I read that the answers for the first time and the reason for rejection will be recorded and that they can see them in the next interview.
    Could it be any problem to mention April 2007 since we mentioned Feb 2007 in the first interview.
    Will there be any Q on why Feb 2007 last time and April 2007 this time ???
    Anyone with this type of past experiences, Please suggest.

Each officer has a different way of questioning so it is not necessary that
    you will get the same type of questions again.

The answers were not right the first time. Niagra and chicago are cold in feb. If they answered florida it would still make sense.

Next time they ask why you are going; just answer that we want to spend time with our daughter . That is the primary purpose and seeing places is only secondary.

I suggest you give more time for the next interview. Apply a few weeks before the travel date, say in March.

Originally posted by baabee_r
    My parents appeared for visitor visa stamping on Dec 6th at Chennai Consulate in Telugu.

We kept the travel date as Feb 1st week of 2007 in DS156. The VO asked my parents 'Why travelling only in Feb2006?' My father answered as I said "My daugther is arranging for leave at this time". In response VO asked 'For how many days?' My father said for about 10 days and will show us places over week-ends. She again inturn stressed on this Q and asked what places will you visit at this time? Since we havenot explicitly told different places to visit for this answer, they have told Chicago, Niagara etc. She was not convinced with this answer and the visa was rejected.
    We were not sure exactly whether the visa was rejected since they were not convinced with my leave initially or coz they told these places names which will be cold during winter.

Otherwise all other questions about my father job (Govt Employed) & family initially went on very well.

We are planning to reapply for them (English) in January again giving one month gap. Will one month gap b/wn first and second interview suffice or should there be more gap ???
    This time we are planning to keep April 2007 as the travel date in DS156 so as to avoid these type of questions. But as I see in this forum, I read that the answers for the first time and the reason for rejection will be recorded and that they can see them in the next interview.
    Could it be any problem to mention April 2007 since we mentioned Feb 2007 in the first interview.
    Will there be any Q on why Feb 2007 last time and April 2007 this time ???
    Anyone with this type of past experiences, Please suggest.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X