Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on parent's tourist visa

Hi,
    Could anyone please advice on some questions I had for applying tourist visa for my parents
    1) State of Residence for my parents is "Kerala". My dad speaks English as OK not so fluent and my mom speaks Malayalam. While applying online should I say the Language as "Malayalam" or "English". Can my dad act as interpreter for my mom by selecting English as the language. Or the online application would ask separately for mom's application.

2) I believe, I can apply for them together as a New applicant(mom) while I fill up my dad's application so that they get the same interview date?

3) If possible, I need to take the appointment for my parents in chennai consulate. As they are old and New Delhi or Mumbai will be a tougher option. Currently the appointment dates goes to Mumbai or New Delhi if I say English as the language And "No dates available" if the language selected is Malayalam. Can anyone advice in this case what should I do in my parents case where my dad can speak English and my mom Malayalam:
    a) Should I wait and watch to see if appointment dates are getting opened for chennai consulate. (In this case is Feb a possible timeframe to get appointment date?)
    b) Complete the application and see if it gives me any dates. Though the application will go away after 7 days and I need to refill it.

Thanks,
    Vinay

1. You can choose English as a language for appt if your dad is comfortable. He can act as an interpreter for your mom.

2. After filling up your dad's application, add your mom as an applicant also and you can take an appt together for them.

3. Keep trying for appts. They will open up sooner or later. I know it is a waste of your time to sit in front of computer and keep pressing the refresh button but everyone goes thru this. You need to refill the application after 7 days.

Comment

Related question: mom has her appointment. dad doesnt

Hi,
      I was not aware that we could add additional applications for one interview slot at the time i booked an appointment for my mother. After umpteen number of trials I was able to get an appointment for my mother in Chennai. By the time i could bring up my father's application (believe it or not just after a couple of mins) on the vfs website interview dates were no longer available. My question to you is
      Is there a way i can add my father's application to my mother's now that she already has her appointment date.

I tried creating a new application for my dad but i am unable to proceed further as i get the msg that interview dates are no longer available.I was hoping i could fill in a new application and add the same to my mother's who is now the primary applicant.

As an alternative will it suffice if i just fill the DS-156 form for my dad online. He already has his HDFC receipt ready. The appointment confirmation letter however bears only my mother's name. Please let me know if this is acceptable. If not appreciate any suggestions.
      thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X