Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mistake in DS 156 form (Q2)..need help

Hi,

I have entered wrong information in online DS 156 form for my parents. The passport issuance state entered wrong by mistake.

I came to know that from this forum ... we can strike off the error and write the correct information on printed DS 156 form. Is it valid solution?( somebody is saying that you should not correct this mistake because the VO officer will object any handwritings on DS 156 form)
    Could anybody please share their experience with this sort of situations?

Thanks,
    Madhu

Here is what Immihelp states on this web site:

Modification of Submitted Forms

VFS system saves your visa application forms (that you filled while taking an online appointment) and you can retrieve and modify them up to two business days before your interview. To modify the forms, you can visit the VFS web site. Follow the instructions and make your changes.

Note: You can not modify the information in Boxes 1 to 14 in the online DS-156 form. If you need to change the information in Boxes 1 to 14, make corrections with pen in the DS-156 form and take it to the consulate. Do not print another DS-156 form.

----

When I printed the forms couple of months back, some of the fields didn't even get printed. For example, the city name was displayed as "Hyderabad" online and when I printed the form, the city name was cut to "Hyd". I filled them up by hand. If you are working in the software development, you might have heard about bugs.
    Last edited by acpdelhi; 12-28-2006, 02:29 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X