self sponsoring vs. US sponsor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• self sponsoring vs. US sponsor

Hi, which case increases chances of getting visa, whether self sponsoring or having sponsored? I am inviting my sister's famly to visit US. They did not get visa last time when we showed the trip as being sponsored by me. I was thinking if it can boost the chances if they can show a bank balance of 10-12lakhs with other assets and self sponsor the trip. Please provide your comments/experiences.
    Thanks!

self sponsoring increases the chances. but the applicant must make sure he has good income for that. A lot of times the officers determine the applicant's self sponsoring capacity by asking only one question; what is your income?
    without looking at any accounts or deposits.

Comment

Thank you Peace. That makes sense. Would 6 lakhs p.a. be a good income figure for officers to think that visitor is capable of self sponsoring family of 3 people?

Comment

Guess it should be ok for 2 people. Anyway, in view of a previous denial, it would not be wise for all 3 to apply again for other reasons.
        If you can provide some details about the last interview, the purpose of visit, who all wish to go , maybe I can provide an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by peace
          Guess it should be ok for 2 people. Anyway, in view of a previous denial, it would not be wise for all 3 to apply again for other reasons.
          If you can provide some details about the last interview, the purpose of visit, who all wish to go , maybe I can provide an opinion.
          Thank you for your interest, Peace. Here are the details.
          Last time, only my sister (41) and my niece (15) went together. After asking sponsor's details, the officer asked questions about her stay with the husband. She mentioned he is on auditing job who travels frequently. Officer asked if they were staying together and when was the last time she saw him. Then officer asked my sister's salary (clerical job in bank) and then refused the visa.

After analysing we speculated officer might have had hints that my sister may be separating from her husband and flying away for good since she draws a low salary and refused on a potential immigrant clause. My sister too didn't seem to have had appeared confident enough.

So, we thought of applying for husband too this time, so all of 3 can go together for the interview although at the end only my sister and niece would be traveling to US. Since he is the primary candidate (draws about 6L annum), he would be answering all questions. They have another daughter staying back at home along with my sister's mother-in-law which should be strong binding for them to come back.

As I mentioned before, along with bank balance of 10-12L (if self sponsoring or about 6-8L if I sponsor) and house/site assets they should reflect financially sound.

Please advise.
          thanks!

Comment

I do not think it is a strong presentation for 3 people.
            What is the purpose of the visit that they showed last time? Were they
            asked why they want to go? What did they answer?

Does anyone of them really wish to settle in the US? If yes, who all? Then I may be
            able to guide you differently.

Comment

Originally posted by peace
              I do not think it is a strong presentation for 3 people.
              What is the purpose of the visit that they showed last time? Were they
              asked why they want to go? What did they answer?
              Does anyone of them really wish to settle in the US? If yes, who all? Then I may be
              able to guide you differently.
              Thanks again for your interest. Yes, we are struggling to make a strong presentation. We are hoping that having my sister's husband in interview should boost confidence level and clarity in answering questions. The intent and purpose is purely visiting and tourism for about 4-6 weeks which we mentioned in paper. Since we don't have parents, I am trying to get my siblings with their kids to US to show around, no plans to sponsor anyone to immigrate as of now (thats too huge effort). But how best we present is the problem.

Comment

You may be right in that respect but an employed busy couple leaving their work, going for a casual visit with the whole family just like that, leaving no family ties behind, does not sound very right.

*In any case, only 2 people should apply; they must leave one family member behind to show ties to India.
                *If they can match their visit to a definite purpose in US, like an important ceremony in your family in US, it will sound natural to visit.
                *Ask for a very short stay and show self-sponsoring.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X