Parents' Visa Approved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents' Visa Approved!

My parents attended a visitor visa interview today at the Chennai Consulate. We were a little worried as both my brother and I live in the US (no other siblings). They weren't asked too many questions. The officer looked at my fathers documents and confirmed that he worked at XYZ (the VO beamed as he mentioned this), asked him how long he had been working there, and when he was going to retire(1 year). He then asked them how many children they had (2), how many in india(0), he then asked them what the children were doing in the US, and asked for any document from my brother, my parents showed him a letter from my brothers employer. Then the VO said that their visa was granted,etc. It was a pretty easy and quick process, they don't have their passport yet, so we don't know what kind of visa it is yet.
    I will stick around to answer any questions that I can.
    Thanks for all the help!

Congratulations!
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi,

Firstly congratulations.
      Can you please let me know in what language did they go for the interview.

Thanks,
      --Kiran

Originally posted by dogmatix00
      My parents attended a visitor visa interview today at the Chennai Consulate. We were a little worried as both my brother and I live in the US (no other siblings). They weren't asked too many questions. The officer looked at my fathers documents and confirmed that he worked at XYZ (the VO beamed as he mentioned this), asked him how long he had been working there, and when he was going to retire(1 year). He then asked them how many children they had (2), how many in india(0), he then asked them what the children were doing in the US, and asked for any document from my brother, my parents showed him a letter from my brothers employer. Then the VO said that their visa was granted,etc. It was a pretty easy and quick process, they don't have their passport yet, so we don't know what kind of visa it is yet.
      I will stick around to answer any questions that I can.
      Thanks for all the help!

Comment

In English

Comment

affidavits

hi dogmatix!!

congrats!

i need ur help
          kindly let me know what affidavits have ur parents taken from their side.

kindly suggest what are the affidavits we have to make.
          in the thread given by admin is not clear.

kindly advice me
          do we have take the assurance of return , fatheraffidavit,mothers affidavit,property affidavit all these must be taken by notary officer.
          kindl;y help its urgent

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X