Visa for USMLE CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa for USMLE CS

Hi, i am applying for tourist visa so that i can take my step2 CS exam in US,i have got the visa letter from ECFMG, should ask my brother to sponsor me,will it be a good move?? pl reply me...

Is your brother in US?
    No, do not ask him to sponsor you.
    Just show that you will be spending your own money or your parents
    will finance you. I am sure you/your parents can show enough income to spend one lac rupees for a week's trip to US for the test when you have already paid $1200 for the test. Book a hotel close to the cs center that offers discounts to cs test takers. Take a printout of the booking with you to the interview. Do not say anything about your brother though you will have to mention him in a question in form DS 156 . Do not say you will be staying with him or will be meeting him. A close relative in US makes the officer think he may help you stay back in US.

Comment

ya peace,my bro is in US.What should i tell them when they ask abt my bro??? pl help me

Comment

There is a q on DS156 that asks what immediate relatives you have in US
        and on what visas. You'll have to mention your brother there and you should never lie. While answering qs , do not volunteer any info about your brother
        but if asked about him , do not lie. But do not show that you will be staying with him. YOu MUST show hotel stay.

Comment

What if they ask that why I am not staying with my brother when he is in US? And why I am staying in hotel.is it sound logical??Pl reply n thanks for your previous replies...

Comment

Please tell me;
            Where does your bro live and which center are you going to choose for your cs?
            Also, what is your present employment in India?

Comment

my bro stays in NY, i have not taken the centre till now but mostly it will be Philadelphia...I just finished my graduation last yr,rite now i am not working much..
              what if i tell that my bro doesnt stay in US??will they come to know??

Comment

Do not lie. They run plenty of cross checks these days and truth can come out later in a different form and misrepresentation can be very costly.

Just say you chose the hotel because it is convenient to the center, brother's
                place is far away.
                (it is the most natural thing to do and will make the officer believe that you are here to take the test and not stay back with your brother with cs as an excuse)

Another thing; DO not tell them you are not doing anything, that will harm your chances. Show some attachment to a clinic or something.

Comment

Cs Visa

HELLO

i am a graduate of jan 2007 . passed my step 1 by the grace of god . now applying for CS visa . my questions are

1 my brother is in US since 6 months on F1 in houston . should i show it in form 156 . my friends say if i show they will think i am a potential immigrant .

2 if they ask to justify that i will return back after the test . what should i say .

3 its been only a month since i graduated . so should i show that i am employed somewhere or any other advisable thing .

thanks .

Comment

DOCTORSAHEB

1. Do not lie. Show hotel stay rather than stay with your brother.
                    2,3. Show that you just started a job in India with good salary. It is a huge mistake to show that you are doing nothing.

Tips; Go for cs only after you clear ck as well. some officers deny on the basis that
                    ck is cheaper and is available in india , so they expect one to clear ck first rather than jump to cs which is dearer and requires a US trip.
                    Last edited by peace; 02-08-2007, 09:00 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X