Paper work for Sponsorship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper work for Sponsorship

Hello I was reading the requirements for the sponsorship for my Mother in law.
    Here is my situation: Would appreciate if you could help answering these questions keeping this situation in mind : (Also, My mother in law has been denied US visa couple times but all the last times we didn;t send the sponsorship because we were waiting for my wife's Greencard and ALso her last denial stamp is for Mar05.

I want to sponsor my mother in law. I have a self owned business and my wife works part time in a store and studies full time.

Questions:
    1. Could we send joined sponsorship since the relationship is through my Wife?
    OR Only my sponsorship will be ok since my wife's income is not enough.
    2. We file joined Taxes and Also have joined Bank Accounts, so If i were to sponsor myself, Would that not contradict my sponsorship paperwork?
    3. If I am the only sponsor then who's Original Birth Certificate and Copies of Passports are required - Mine or my Wife's just to prove the relationship.
    4. In the letter to the consulate, how should I mention that my mother in law is spending for the travel ticket and rest I will take care of the expenses once she arrives. Also In D-156 form Q 28 there is the same Question-"who will pay for the trip" SO what should we write for her?
    5. I am only sponsoring her so Do we need to file her a D-157? SInce i read the details and it says that its required for men only?
    5. I am a US citizen but my wife is Greencard - SO do we need to send copies of her Greencard too and my Citizenship too?

Thanks in Advance.
    Achopra

First of all, be advised that her ties to India will be of much more importance
    than sponsorship technicalities in deciding the visa.
    Also, try to override the reason for previous denial.

1. Only you should sponsor if your income in enough. SIL's can sponsor
    no problems.
    2. Does not matter.
    3. Your wife's bc with her mom's name on it. To establish their relationship.
    Copies of both your passports and your wife's gc.
    4.If she has good INCOME (not just deposits) , she should say she is paying for the trip and you do not need to send any affidavit of support. But you must make sure she has regular very good income to show this.
    YOu cannot show both; you sponsoring and she paying for the ticket because ticket is the major part of the expense and they won't ask
    ticket expense separate from sponsorship expense. So make up your mind.
    5.Send a copy of your US passport and her gc.

PS; In case she shows self financing, you should not send anything.
    YOur wife should send an invitation letter with a copy of her gc, passport and
    her BC.

Comment

Question for Peace member

Just one thought, Since I am self owned business...how much is the sufficient income to show. I guess what I am trying to understand is ...how much is good enough income just in figures (I know the more the better) but the past income taxes have already been filed and since I can't change that, I want to know just a Ballpark figure or else Could we do send DUal sponsorship(me & wife)? if one's income is not enough?

Please advice.
      Achopra

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X