Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents received tourist visa - 10 years multiple entry

Hi all,

first i would like to thank all the great folks who are helping this forum thrive by sharing their experiences (happy and sad) and also those who are maintaining this forum.

My parents got visitor visa - 10 year multiple entry in chennai consulate.

I prepared all their documents as per adivce given in this forum.

My parents got a charted account property estimation certification ( total cost of certification is 3500 rs, 2000 rs for engineer who did estimation and 1500 rs for CA to give certificate) and other misc fees was around was 200.

My dad is 65 and mom is 60 years old. Both are retd. govt employees and senior citizens.

My parents were standing in a line which was long but somebody in the visa office were pulling people who were old and sending them to queue which had very few people.

Dad and mom : good afternoon sir (VO is old and grey hair).
    VO : good afternoon (smile)

VO : what does son do ?
    Mom : answered accordingly

VO to dad : what were you working as ?
    Dad : retd as lecturer in so and so college.

VO : which subject ?
    Dad : so and so subject.

VO : how many children do you have ?
    Mom : a son and daughter. daughter is unmarried.

VO : how many months visa do u want ?
    Mom : 3 months

After this VO put their passports aside and started typing something in the computer.

Dad : Do you want to see any other documents.
    VO : No need (smiles). You will get your visa in 1 week.

It took 3 minutes for the interview process to finish.
    VO did not see even a single document either of sponser or visitor and gave the visa. My parents had spent atleast 15000 rs on getting all the documents done and not a single document was seen. I believe the VO made up his mind to give visa after the first set of questions and didnt need to see anything. Anyway all is well that ends well.

My mother said many people in other queues were being given back their passports and some people at the counter were requesting VO to listen to their words for 1 minute but the VOs said nothing doing just go away.

Once again thanks for all those who have benifited this forum by posting their experiences and did analysis to help others get visa.

Thanks

Congrats!

Which Consulate is this ?

Comment

I did mention it as chennai consulate in my post.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X