Mother's visa reject 3rd time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's visa reject 3rd time

Today my mother's visa was rejected for the 3rd time. First two times both my parents went for the interview, but were rejected. This time I tried the approach of sending my mom alone for interview hoping my dad in India will be a "tie". I put "2 months" as planned duration of stay on DS 156. She went for Telugu interview. I am her only child in US with a GC.

She was asked only two questions - if she had any daughters in India (same as previous time) and why is she travelling alone this time. They were not willing to look at any documents. My mom still tried showing CA statement, property docs, bank docs, and family photos to them, but they flatly refused to even glance. They were pretty prejudiced to reject no matter what.

Based on her observation, about 80% of B2 cases were rejected that day. The success ratio in the burkha lady line was even worse it seems. Having a government job, or an unmarried daughter or a major business seems to be all they are looking for.

I have given up hope of bring my parents on B2. I think the whole interview process for B2 is stupid. It is just a matter of time before my parents come here anyway since I will get them though the GC route once I become a citizen in couple of years.

So long to this forum, it is a wonderful site and is serving its purpose really well!

Read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visa-re...lication-tips/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X