Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to know if rejection is due to 214b

Hi,

My parents visa got rejected 3 times and they are going for the 4th time soon. All 3 times when the visa was rejetced the VO stamped the passport with "Application received". Nowhere it says 214b. Infact the first 2 times the stamp was in black ink and the third time it was in red ink. I have 2 questions here

1. How to know what the rejection reason is. Does the stamp normally say application received or it should say 214b somewhere.
    2. Is there any significance of the red ink versus black ink.

Please suggest.

Thanks
    Ram

For my mom, when her visa got rejected for the 2nd time, the VO gave her a letter (standard template) that is titled 214B. The letter explains this clause, importance of showing ties to india etc...

Comment

My parents didnt get any letter. I hope there is nothing wrong or they are not black listed for some reason.

They have never lied at the interview and they dont have any criminal record also.

Comment

The VO gave this reason letter to my mother when her visa was rejected for the 2nd time. When it was rejected 1st time, she did not receive any letter..they just put a mark in the passport, like you said. infact, my mom asked why she is getting denied and that time the VO, put this letter in her hand..may be, you need to ask for it? i am not very sure.

Comment

This may be a bit tedious, but i know one way how you can know the reason for rejection after the interview. If you are lucky to get help from a congressman / senator. They can send a letter to Chennai consulate enquiring about the reason for rejection.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X