Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with question at interview. Urgent. Interview next week !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with question at interview. Urgent. Interview next week !

Hi,

My dad is retired but he does not get pension because he has retired from Dubai. He was in a government job which got over in 2000 and he got a lumpsum gratuity amount from there (which he has invested in buying a new house). But from his last job in Dubai in 2006 he did not get any gratuity because it was a small private company.

Now if he is asked what does he do in India. I told him to say that he is Retired because he is actually Retired. But if asked how much Pension does he get, he does not get any pension. Is it a good idea to say that he does not get Pension but when he retired from Dubai he got a gratuity of Rs........which he has invested in buying a house in Pune.

Or I was thinkign instead of just saying that he is Retired, he can say "I am Retired but I have investments in xxxx Company and get Rs......income from there". He does have investments in a few places in India. He eventually wishes to start his own business. Is it a good idea to say that he is eventually planning to start a new business in India?

Because if he asked to show the gratuity papers (which he doesn't have) it will still be dated 2000 but he returned from dubai in 2006.

Please let me know what answer would be best suitable for him.

Thanks

Hi dolly_jiten,

You could show solid property papers and banks statements. Also if you have any siblings in India, then this will be seen as a strong reason for them to return to india.

BTW, my mom got her visa in Mumbai on the 9th and is now with us in the US.
    I remember you from the "Mumbai dates !!" message trail.

take care.

let me know if you need any help .
    Originally posted by dolly_jiten
    Hi,

My dad is retired but he does not get pension because he has retired from Dubai. He was in a government job which got over in 2000 and he got a lumpsum gratuity amount from there (which he has invested in buying a new house). But from his last job in Dubai in 2006 he did not get any gratuity because it was a small private company.

Now if he is asked what does he do in India. I told him to say that he is Retired because he is actually Retired. But if asked how much Pension does he get, he does not get any pension. Is it a good idea to say that he does not get Pension but when he retired from Dubai he got a gratuity of Rs........which he has invested in buying a house in Pune.

Or I was thinkign instead of just saying that he is Retired, he can say "I am Retired but I have investments in xxxx Company and get Rs......income from there". He does have investments in a few places in India. He eventually wishes to start his own business. Is it a good idea to say that he is eventually planning to start a new business in India?

Because if he asked to show the gratuity papers (which he doesn't have) it will still be dated 2000 but he returned from dubai in 2006.

Please let me know what answer would be best suitable for him.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

First of all Congratulations and thanks for your response.

My younger sister is in India and studying in a college. So ya they do have that reason to return. Actually that's a fact coz that's why they came back from Dubai ...

Could you tell me what questions your parents were asked? And answers they gave?

I told my parents to take property papers, bank pass books...and also all the investment docs they have in India. They have all the reasons to return to India. Also i have put their duration of visit only 3 months. I guess I will not get any peace until they get their visa...

But I should say this forum is great...Last time my parents went for the interview I had nothing to prepare them.

Originally posted by nj_1
      Hi dolly_jiten,

You could show solid property papers and banks statements. Also if you have any siblings in India, then this will be seen as a strong reason for them to return to india.

BTW, my mom got her visa in Mumbai on the 9th and is now with us in the US.
      I remember you from the "Mumbai dates !!" message trail.

take care.

let me know if you need any help .

Comment

I believe i posted the ques and ans but, here it goes again.

Q)Why do you want to go to the US?
        A)To meet my son.

Q)Why is your husband not travelling with you
        A)He has gone to our hometown to look into our property.

Q)Why are you going only for 1 month?
        A)Because i don't want to be away for too long from my husband and daughter.

Q)Show me your son's status paper?
        A)(My mom started to look in to the papers that i sent without knowing which
        doc was being asked for, then the VO asked for the whole set and picked out the petition paper i believe).
        After looking at that she said "I am giving you a 10yr M entry visa, but please return in a month's time".

Ya, it can be stressfull. We didn't sleep the night before the interview.
        Your parents should be okay since your sister is studying . You did a good thing by putting only a limited time(three months) as i have observed that many times when people say 6 months , this creates doubt in the mind of the VO.
        Let me know if you have any further questions , i too did a lot of research as this was my mother's third attempt.

Originally posted by dolly_jiten
        Hi,

First of all Congratulations and thanks for your response.

My younger sister is in India and studying in a college. So ya they do have that reason to return. Actually that's a fact coz that's why they came back from Dubai ...

Could you tell me what questions your parents were asked? And answers they gave?

I told my parents to take property papers, bank pass books...and also all the investment docs they have in India. They have all the reasons to return to India. Also i have put their duration of visit only 3 months. I guess I will not get any peace until they get their visa...

But I should say this forum is great...Last time my parents went for the interview I had nothing to prepare them.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X