Sponsoring Visitor Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsoring Visitor Visa

Hi, I came to US only two months back, am planning to sponsor both my parents for visitor visa now.Is there any condition that i can sponser only after 6 months or so? Also what should be the bank balance?

THere is no such precondition. That said, if you apply too early , the officer will ask your parents , why you need to meet him so soon when he just left 2 months ago. And there will be a suspicion that the parents are desperate to go to US and may not come back. So, the chances of success will come down.

If you send an I-134, it is safer to show regular income > 40k/yr than just bank balance.

Comment

Actually i have baby and they want to see her, plz adv whats the best reason which can be given at the time of interview.can i go ahead and process their visa?

Comment

The trend is they never give visas for pregnancy or baby care. Even if they just want to see the baby, the officer will think they are going for baby care.

Please provide more info about your situation;
        *What is your visa status? And what is your or your husband's income?
        *Do you have any siblings in India? How old? single or married?
        *What do your parents do in India?
        *What is their income/yr roughly?

Comment

Thanks for the reply, plz find further deails

Visa Status - L1 ( Getting expired on August07, will be renewing by May07)

Annual Income-52k

Sibilings- One elder sister married having one kid & one younger brother unmarried, both of them are in India

Parents-Father is a retired govt officer( retired only on oct06) & mother is a house wife

Income of Parents-Asset worth 30 Lakhs & Bank balance approx 5 Lakhs, He is yet to receive his settlement and Pension pass book.

Please advise..

Comment

Ok . I strongly advise they should wait another 5-6 months before applying.
            Since they have a young single son in India, they have better chances.
            Though being retired is a negative factor.
            Visitor visa is a lot of luck so you never know.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, u mean to say that we should wait till we renew the visa?please clarify

Comment

To make it look natural, one should really wait at least a year after arriving , to bring one's parents to visit. Since you are desperate, they ( or your mom alone will have better chances) may apply in Fall(end of aug). You will have your L1 renewal by that time too.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X