Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can J2 visa holder sponsor their parents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can J2 visa holder sponsor their parents?

Hi,

I am in J2(dependent) visa working as a programmer in US. I want to invite my mother to visit me. My spouse is in J1 visa holder. To send documents for my mother's visa interview, I want to send my documents. I want to know whether my documents are sufficient enough or Do I really have to send my spouse's documents. Can anyone please help me out from this. I am really confused!

Thanks in Advance.

If you are sending an affidavit of support, form I-134, which means she cannot afford the trip herself, your spouse should send all the papers since he/she is the one earning and I-134 requires income evidence.
    Several people successfully sponsor their in-laws, it is nothing new.
    But you should also send copies of your visa/passport and bc showing your mother's name on it.

Comment

Thank you for your reply Buddha.

1. I am dependent to J1, but having workpermit, EAD etc. (J2 is eligible to have EAD until the visa ends, like J1). My spouse is in India, so he can't make an arrangement to send documents for my mother. I would like to send my documents. So, will not be a problem to send my documents, right! I want to be sure on this!!

2. There is a dropdown box to select - a. spouse/studying in the US/exchange visitor. b. tourism/family visit/xxxxxxx. Which one would be suitable for me. My spouse is studying in the US and having J1 (Exchange Visitor Visa) and same applicable for me but i am not a student.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

First of all you must be clear on this;
        Is your mother able to show very good finances to finance her trip herself.
        *If yes, you can send an invitation letter , copies of bc, passport, visa.
        *If not, you will have to send an affidavit of support. Merely having an EAD won't work. You should be able to show employment with good income
        >$40k/yr.

Comment

thanks for you reply,

Ofcourse, I can send my employment letter, payslip, bank statement, tax slip etc...

I think, I can make it on my own documents(not with my spouse's) for my mother.

Thanks for making me clear.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X