Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help for affidavit of support

Hi,
    We need help for fulfilling some visitor visa requirements for my IN-Laws.
    I was on H1-B and then I-140 got approved , and now waiting for I-485 to get approved. My wife(Biotech Research Associate) and Myslef (network Engineer) has EAD now and we both are working in good reputable firm. But we are earning just to support ourself and we have not much in savings account. We are here in US for last 6 years has been 4 yrs since we visited our parents in India. My wife is 2 months pregnant now and wants to invite her parents.
    I want to apply for my In-laws(Wife's Mother and Dad) but I am afraid it may get rejected due to the reason that we don't have enough funds to support them in US. My In-Laws are both retired and have good property over there in India.
    I heard to support both of them we need at least 10K in the account.
    But I have my uncle who has is own buisness and earning good income and he agree to sponsor my In-Laws.
    1)Question is will the case be more strong when my Wife will apply for her parents . She can mention in the Sample letter that she needs help in pregnancy or something (Also this will be our Second child).I know this will strong but due financial problem we can't do that???Right

2) Secondly if my Uncle applies then My In-laws can't mention that they are going over there to help their daughter or meet their daughter.. If they do then VO may reject the Visa??? Yes or No ?? Can he mention in the letter stating our existence and the reason he is inviting us.

3) Can in any case my wife and Myself sponsor in-laws vistor visa and also we attach affidavit of support from our Uncle also . In this way Case will get strong and there are less chances of rejection. Is there anyway of sending 2 affidavit of support for visitor visas. Can we send 1-134 from my Wife and myself showing the blood relations and also Showing I-134 for the financial support of my Uncle. If yes then How?? if No ??Why and any other way out to do this??

Please Help!!!
    Thanks

1.) Please do not mention the pregnancy. The tourist visa is for tourism or social visits and not for having come over to take care of a new baby. That would be tantamount to coming to the U.S. for employment purposes and would not make for a strong case for getting a visa.
    And as you know, if your wife sponsors her parents she has to be able to show the financial ability - atleast $5000/person. If she can't show that then there is no point of her trying to sponser them.

2.) Your uncle sponsoring your wife's parents DOES NOT make for a strong case for the visa being granted. Usually only immediate family i.e. parents/children/siblings are accepted by the VO as possible sponsors.

3.) A sponsor means a person who covers the financial expenses of the trip. It would not create a strong case for the applicants if there were two sponsors (one of whom was unrelated to them). The VO could reject them and tell them that their daughter/son-in-law don't have the resources to sponsor them and that your parents should wait until they could afford to sponsor them without any other outside help.

Now, if your in-laws are well-off and they self-sponsored themselves then that could work. They would have to show a good bank balance (considering the air-fare/living expenses/health insurance costs) and enough land/property/gold/liquid assets then their case would definitely be stronger than the 3 possibilities you mention.

And you see, they would not necessarily have to actually sponsor their whole trip. Once they were granted visas and got here, you could cover their living expenses/health insurance. But while applying for visas the sponsor needs to show good financial ability. And at least that condition could be proved if your in-laws sponsored themselves.
    Last edited by smohanty; 03-24-2007, 01:01 PM.

Comment

You are right..!!thx for you help

Well u are right we should not mention pregnancy in the letter.
      Thx for giving us the option of choosing their sponsorship!! That may work instead we sponsor them.!!

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X