Please advice - Sponser brother on a tourist visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please advice - Sponser brother on a tourist visa

Hi, I posted the same question sometime back, but I did not get any response. Hope you guys can help me with your suggestions. Here is my case.

I work in the US for a reputed firm on a L1 visa and I plan to stay in the US only till Jan 2008. I have been in and out of US many times so far and always have a good status. 2 years back I sponsored my father on a tourist visa (he is a senior citizen and got a 10 yr multiple entry visa).

Now I want to sponsor my elder brother and let him visit US while I am here. He is in his late 30's and Single. He is class 9th pass and takes care of my dad's business in India. He has to take care of my sister (who is studying) and my father back in India. I willing bearing ALL his expenses right from the visa fee, tickets, stay, tours in the US etc... So, could you tell me what are his chances of a visa (dis)approval????.

Spouse and children are the family ties that are imp. for the visa officers.
    Since he does not have that and he is young and not well educated, the chances of a visitor visa are not good. Taking care of sister, parent do not carry weight. You sponsoring spending money etc, will mean he does not have enough money in INdia and is not likely to return to INdia.

But he can get a visa for a business purpose if his business is doing very well.

What type of business does he do and what is his annual income from it?
    Does he have any employees?

Comment

Thanks Buddha for your inputs.

My brother is taking care of my father's 2-wheeler automobile workshop and his income is 1.8 lacs/annum. He has three employees working for him. Given this business status, does he stand a chance for Business visa?.

If he can apply for a business visa, what would the intent of the visit be?. Please advice.

Comment

no. of employees is good but income is not.(should be at least 5 lacs/yr) and he must show good balance sheets, income tax returns and deposits.
        If he had that, a relevant business purpose could be worked out.

Even for a tourist visa, his income needs to be good so the officer thinks he
        will come back.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X