Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a rejection stamped on the passport??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a rejection stamped on the passport??

When my mom went for her Visa, the VO said that she is not able to issue my mom a visa at that point of time and handed my mom a sheet of paper talking about Section 214-b.

1) Is a verbal rejection same as a stamped rejection on the passport.

2) When I refile for my mom's visa what should I mention in the DS-156 form??? Should I say she was rejected????

Originally posted by vishalogy
    When my mom went for her Visa, the VO said that she is not able to issue my mom a visa at that point of time and handed my mom a sheet of paper talking about Section 214-b.

1) Is a verbal rejection same as a stamped rejection on the passport.

2) When I refile for my mom's visa what should I mention in the DS-156 form??? Should I say she was rejected????
    The consulate DOES NOT stamp a rejection on the passport. But when you enter the consulate for an interview the consulate does usually put a stamp in the remarks page in the passport indicating that you were in the consulate that particular day for interview and that your passport was received. And so when you go for a second interview, they usually check that page to see if the person has been to the consulate and whether their passport has been received before.

Moreover, the consulate makes a note of passport numbers and names of people who come for an interview. After all, there is a very high level of security at US consulates. They do not just let people walk in and out of their offices multiple times without making a serious note of the identity of those people.

So the answer to your question is YES, you have to mention on the DS-156 application that she had applied for a visa earlier. If she does not make that clear and she is caught then she will never be able to apply for or get a visa again.

I think what you should worry about at this time is trying to strengthen your mother's application case by providing more proof of her social and economic ties to India that will help her better prove her intention to return?

And if you cannot find any more proof at this point then I personally feel that you should not reapply immediately after the first rejection. Wait for 6 months to a year and then try again.

If she reapplies immediately without being able to show any serious change in circumstances there is a chance that the consulate will think that she is desperate to come to the US at this time and that will further reduce her chances of getting a visa.

Still, if you do decide to reapply immediately and do manage to get a visa please do let us know all the details.
    Last edited by smohanty; 04-02-2007, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Not necessarily BIG PROBLEMS. if she can explain why she lied or misspoke in the first instance. IMHO it looks like earlier statement was an attempt to show ties to the country when none existed.

Lesson 1: Never lie to the officer.

So if the visa was rejected earlier then mention it,

Do you really want to take a chance that you mom is suspected of fraud and is forever denied a visa.

Comment

If something must have triggered the VO, then she must ask supplementary questions about it beyond any dbout.

Awright I agree that I lied which is a mistake. It is not even a lie in entirity. My dad is really a businessman and his peak business time is summer. My mom and dad are not divorced either. They are just not in talking terms and dont live together. My dad really does not want to come to USA. He doesnt even have a passport. How many people carry passports in India when they dont have any intention to travel abroad???

Isnt that the dumbest reason the VO gave - " I cannot issue you a visa because your husband is not accompanying you"??????????
        My father really does not want to come to US. How can that disqualify my mom from visiting US???

Ridiculous....

The VO never asked my mom if she is staying with my dad or not. She only asked why my dad is not going with my mom. The only two answers I can think for that question is (a) Because he has a busy summer (b) Beacause I am not in talking terms with my husband right now. Both of them are right and valid and we can even prove on papers that my dad has a busy summer.

I just dont understand why should we delibrately bring up the topic and mention that my mom is not staying with my dad when it is not a pertinent answer to any of the questions asked by the VO????
        Last edited by vishalogy; 04-02-2007, 10:30 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X