Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's tourist visa rejected twice - PLEASE ADVICE

Hello,

My mother's tourist visa got rejected twice in 11 months from US Consulate Calcutta due to the same reason:

"Inability to demonstrate social and economic ties", which is totally ridiculous because they don't even check the property or bank balance papers and just conclude that she might not return back once she visits US. We took care and arranged all our papers (both sponsor's as well as the applicant's) according to Immihelp.

My mother lives on her own in Calcutta, although surrounded by our extended family. She is 61 years and has her own house, sufficienct bank balance and other investments. My brother and his family lives in Bombay which my Mother visits quite often. So what we fail to understand is how can we convince the visa officer that she does have strong family ties in India.

The other aspect is that it's not that she will be visiting the US for the first time. She has visited me earlier in 2004 for 4 months and returned back before her visa of 6 months expired. No situation has changed since her last visit, then why is the Visa officer not giving her the tourist visa for the second time?? I would appreciate if anyone can provide us with some suggestions from their own experience.
    Also, is it better to wait for a while before re-applying?

Thanks a lot for your time and help.

e-mail: [email protected]

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X