Mom got visa ..Mumbai Consulate !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom got visa ..Mumbai Consulate !

Just wanted to let everyone know that my Mom got her visa..thank you Immihelp and all the members. Will give more details later.

Thanks

Details of the interview

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share my mom's experience and give some background of the case.

Background

First Attempt (interview was in English)My mom, dad and sisters (2) had applied for their visitor visa first from Dubai in 2002. Their visa was rejected giving vague reason that since they have not travelled to UK or any other foreign country before.

Second Attempt (interview was in Hindi (translator))My mom and dad applied again in 2007 and had their interview in Mumbai Consulate (after they permanently moved to India in 2006) on Feb 28, 07 and their visa was rejected. The reason given was section 214 (not enough ties in India). They were asked a lot of questions and I do remember some of them so here they are: (The questions were asked only to my Dad ..and no questions were asked to my Mom)

1. What does my dad do?
    Ans. I am retired.

2. What was he doing before he retired?
    Ans. Working in Dubai in a government organization as YYYY .

3. How much pension did you get?
    Ans. I got a lumpsum amount.

4. Where did you live in Dubai?
    Ans. YYYY place

5. Why did you return from Dubai?
    Ans. Because my daughter is studying here and I retired from my job and came back to India to settle down. Also, since my second is now married, I have no reason to stay back.

6. What does your daughter in Dubai do?
    Ans. She works as.. YYYY

7. Who was taking care of your younger daughter in India, when you were in Dubai?
    Ans. She was staying in a hostel. (I think the visa got rejected because of this, the officer thought that since my parents could leave my younger sister alone before, they can do so now and that she is independent enough to stay alone)

My dad said that the VO (lady) was very rude and took the documents from them and was just flipping their file without paying attention on what is in there.

Third Attempt (interview was in Hindi, VO was a Indian)
    Only my Mom applied the second time and her interview was on 26 Apr 07, since my Dad was really dissappointed with his first two experiences. Following questions were asked. And this time my Mom was very confident. I had told her how to stand and have a smile on her face and greet the VO officer good morning (Thanks to Immihelp & **** **** )). The questions asked were as follows but not necessarily in the same order.

1. What does your daughter and son in law in US do?
    Ans. My daughter works as YYYY and son in law as ZZZ

2. How many years they have been in US?
    Ans. XX years

3. Why was your visa rejected last time?
    Ans. As per Section 214

4. Why is your husband not coming with you?
    Ans. He has recently booked a shop for business and is busy taking care of it and therefore he cannot come.

5. What did you and your husband do in Dubai? (Don't know why Dubai came into picture again, I guess coz her Passport was renewed in Dubai in 2006)
    Ans. I was a housewife and my husband was working as YYYY in YYYY Co.

My mom said the VO did something on the computer and told her that her visa is granted. You will receive your passport in 2 days.

My mom said that the VO was a Indian bald guy and knew fluent Hindi. She did not mention about the VO seeing any documents so I am assuming that they did not see any documents. She did not ask him how many years of visa she got.

I just want to thank all the members of this forum for their valuable suggestions and comments. This would not have happened without your help.

Also, want to wish good luck to everyone out there. Just advice your parents to be confident. I guess that is all that helps the most.

I don't know how many years visa she has got. will update that once I get he information.

My next step is to apply for my dad after a couple of months or next year.

Thanks again
    Last edited by dolly_jiten; 04-26-2007, 04:16 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X