Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annotation on B2 - can I be deported? Please help

Hi,

I got a B2 visa with the annotation on it saying - 'personal travel insurance to cover any medical expenses in the US available. 1 month stay requested.' What will happen on the POE? Can they deport me? if not, will they allow be stay for a month and half?
    To give a background - I am 27 and had a surgery done few months ago. No insurance will cover my existing condition.
    A prompt reply would be appreciated as i intend to travel next month. Thanks.

What did you say at the interview about the purpose of visit?
    Why did they put this annotation?

They won't send you back if you tell them exactly the reason for your visit
    and they won't give you more than a month because of the annotation.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I told them my true situation - I wanted to come to US for a vacation and visit my brother. I need to have further treatment done - may be another surgery, which I will be doing in India as I will not be able to afford it in US.

The interview officer told me that she will give me a short visa (2 months) after a long grilling but it might be risky as there is a chance that I might get deported. I had no idea that they could write something on your visa.

Comment

did you tell the officer you wanted to come to US for a surgery? did the visa officer tell you that there is a chance you could get deported?
        Last edited by peace; 04-28-2007, 10:31 PM.

Comment

no, i didn't tell him that i want to come to US for surgery as i really don't want to have a surgery done in US. I am satisfied with my doc in India.

did the visa officer tell me that there is a chance I could get deported?
          Yes.

Comment

From what I understand, the visa officer thought they might stop you thinking you could become a public charge(dependent on govt money) if you told at entry that you are an ill person. That is why he/she wrote on the annotation that you have medical insurance available.

I suggest you go ahead with the trip. At entry, they will ask you the purpose of your visit and length of stay.
            You tell them you have come to visit your brother for about a month.

Do not forget to take;
            *an invitation letter from your brother.
            * evidence of medical travel insurance ; you can buy it online from this forum.
            * evidence of your occupational ties to India (job letter/student enrolment whatever applies)

Comment

Thanks - This is certainly helpful.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X