MIL visa rejected - no reason given :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIL visa rejected - no reason given :(

my MIL had visa interview at chennai on 30th April. She had taken kannada interview, but the VO apparently knew only broken kannada ( which a kannada speaking person couldnt comprehend) and there was no proper translator.. Is it right for the consulate to do that, isn't it unethical?

The VO didnot look at any documents, did not ask anything other than the 2 questions:
    1. Where do u want to go?
    to California USA.
    2. what is your husband?
    He is now retired.
    Your visa is rejected.
    When coming out when my MIL asked some volunteer what happend they said ' Apply again'.

We had applied only for my MIL. My FIL( is retired was working in the Gulf) is not interested in coming to US. Since my MIL is a housewife and we had property, pets to take care of my FIL was reluctant to apply.
    We had prepared all the documents..my husband was to sponsor her visit.

The VO did not give any reason for rejection. I am completely baffled by the situation...
    Can We apply again next month? It would be possible for her to come only during spring-summer. Some one please advise what mistake we did...and can we apply again within a month?

I posted a new thread, same situation looks like the same lady rejected our app

Comment

Fight for your rights

You need to file a complaint (or to put it in a nicer term, inquire about reason for your MIL's visa denial). If you don't complain, you will never get attention at all. If more and more people complain, the VO's in the future will think twice about rejecting people based on their own emotional stage. Althought the VO's decision is considered final, they do have a system to investigate when people complain. It is like a quality assurance program. Call the local number or go to website to find out fax number you can use to file your complain...

I truly feel some of the VO are turning down people without any reason. Their actions needs to be held accountable. Once you file the complain to the Chief of Consular Section, they will have to respond to you in writing or email within 5-7 working days. They will have to provide with you with a reason. VO has to document the reason in your MIL's file in their computer system.

Comment

Actually i think you have a strong case since your FIL is not interested in coming, he would act as a strong tie .
        You just need to keep trying, don't give up.

Originally posted by mom2usa
        my MIL had visa interview at chennai on 30th April. She had taken kannada interview, but the VO apparently knew only broken kannada ( which a kannada speaking person couldnt comprehend) and there was no proper translator.. Is it right for the consulate to do that, isn't it unethical?

The VO didnot look at any documents, did not ask anything other than the 2 questions:
        1. Where do u want to go?
        to California USA.
        2. what is your husband?
        He is now retired.
        Your visa is rejected.
        When coming out when my MIL asked some volunteer what happend they said ' Apply again'.

We had applied only for my MIL. My FIL( is retired was working in the Gulf) is not interested in coming to US. Since my MIL is a housewife and we had property, pets to take care of my FIL was reluctant to apply.
        We had prepared all the documents..my husband was to sponsor her visit.

The VO did not give any reason for rejection. I am completely baffled by the situation...
        Can We apply again next month? It would be possible for her to come only during spring-summer. Some one please advise what mistake we did...and can we apply again within a month?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X