Parents Visa granted, Sisters Rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Visa granted, Sisters Rejected

I am on H1 for the past 7 years, sponsored my My Parents (Mom 59) and Dad (69) and younger sister (28). After compiling list of documents as per IMMIHELP and scheduling online Interview for 10th of May 2007 at Mumbai Consulate, My Parents went for the interview and the outcome was, My Parents got the Visa and Sister was rejected.

They asked simply 3 questions to my Dad,
    VO - Where you going ?
    Dad - US, New Jersey.

How many kid's you have?
    Dad - 4, 3 Daugther and son. 2 Daugthers are married and settled in bombay.

When did you son go to US?
    He went there year October 2000.

Now she asked my Sister? How old are you?
    Sister: 28

She was like, I am sorry but US law won't allow us to grant you the visa.

Well, Atleast my parents got the Visa. My Dad's a lawyer and mom is a house wife. Sister, completed BA in 2004 and currently doing nothing.

I wonder, If reapplying and pleading the same case with a step by step explaination as to what will bring her back to India will make any difference.

I am native to Bombay, I showed around 70K USD in US accounts and INR 100L in NRI account. Parents had in access of 10Cr worth properties and bank balance.

I'll appreciate your comments and suggestion in the same respect.

Thanks,
    RD

hi there

im a 19 year old student..the same thing hppnd to me also..i went with my parents and the vo asked 2 qs to my dad ie.his annual income and how many sons..then he simply said i cannot grant visa to your son without even looking at me.i hve reapplied,interview is on 15th may..will inform u after i return
    wish me luck

Comment

Good Luck my friend. Hope to see you in US shortly.

Originally posted by karthik256
      hi there

im a 19 year old student..the same thing hppnd to me also..i went with my parents and the vo asked 2 qs to my dad ie.his annual income and how many sons..then he simply said i cannot grant visa to your son without even looking at me.i hve reapplied,interview is on 15th may..will inform u after i return
      wish me luck

Comment

thankyou

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X