Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had an interview today

hey everyone

i finally had my interview today after a long wait. the counslar took my passport and told me that my visa has been approved but i have to wait for 2-3 weeks to get my passport due to some adminstrative process.

at the interview:

my appointment was at 8 30 am but i had to wait until 11 30 am for my turn. the 3 hours wait was very tough and the interview took only about 2 minuites/

vo:good morning
    me:goo morning (smiling, however the vo a young lady did not notice that as she started asking me questions immediatly)

vo:what would you be doing in the usa?
    me:iam going there to spend my summer holidays and enjoy the various tourist attractions.
    vo:who is the person that you have mentioned in your form that you will stay with.
    me:he is my cousin.
    vo:what does he do?
    me:works in xyz company as a telecom engg.
    vo:how long has he been in the us?
    me:since xyz year.
    vo:what does your father do?
    mewns a xyz business.
    vo:any siblings?
    me:no. iam the only child.
    vo:whatr do u do?
    me:study at xyz college. ( tried to show the letter from my college but she didnt look at it.
    vok sir everything is fine your visa has been approved but you have to wait for a period of 2-3 weeks for the passport due to some adminstrative process.
    me:than you maam
    vo:smiled

note: she did not even touch a single document.

please help

does any one know about the administrative processing and what do they mean by the letter they give me after taking my passport which says,

a counslar officer has approved you visa but administrative processing is needed that will take 2-3 weeks . you will get back your passport once that is completed.

any idea?

thnx in advance

Comment

search the forum with term 'administrative processing'. you will find the answers.

doing some research yourself actually saves time and aggravation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X